Wednesday, March 23, 2011

(1-800-) Got Junk?

            
             So, I don’t know exactly where this particular catch-phrase came from. Maybe from the SNL skit “Junk in the Box.” Admittedly, it was a very funy bit; my wife and I both laughed heartily. The You-Tube video of the guy who threatened to have the TSA agent arrested if he touched his “junk” took the reference viral. Every newscaster from Katie Couric to Anderson Cooper repeated the use a multitude of times. Now, there’s a new line of men’s briefs picking up on the “fun.” The waistband is designed to ride above the waist of pants so the JUNK logo is visible. But I have to say, it’s beginning to bother me to have people refer to our man-parts as “junk.”
            As far back as I can remember, junk was an item, or collection of things, you no longer had use for. Basements, attics, cupboards and closets held our “junk” and kept it out of sight and out of mind. Every few months the Junk Man would drive slowly down the street to pick up all the stuff that had become useless to its original owners. What he left behind then became “trash” and sent to the local dump (we call them Landfills now).
            There have been so many monikers assigned to take the place of the proper medical terms it’s difficult to count them. But I’d place bets the total would be somewhere in excess of 100. That’s certainly understandable; who wants to wander around sounding like a medical professional or scientist all the time? Can you imagine trying to tell a joke? “A man walks into a bar with his…” So, we came up with dick, which doesn’t really make sense, since it’s actually a derivative of a Greek word meaning “tail,” and the last time I checked mine wasn’t growing out of my ass but, okay... We came up with cock, which does make sense because it’s a derivation of Greek meaning “to place forward in a prominent position” (and they certainly do that!). Then there’s pecker and prick among the most popular. We came up with balls, nuts, and berries, which all make perfect sense because of shape and function. I can accept all of those; I can embrace them. I use them all. But this new one – I simply cannot wrap my brain around this.
            I like my parts, I have a great affinity with them and I’m so glad to have them. My balls may have not produced a single viable sperm cell, they may not have provided me with enough testosterone for a pre-teen, but I sure love them. To me they are not useless. I get an awful lot of pleasure out of them; I like the sensations created there when I jiggle and bounce them around. The feeling of fullness, the heaviness, that tells me I need to empty them. The lightness in them once I’ve blow the load…wonderful.
            My cock? Well, I most absolutely have a use for it. The pleasure I derive from it is limitless. The senses can be overwhelmed by it! Even soft, dangling there it can deliver pleasant feelings.
            Nope... that doesn’t sound like junk to me. So, I think I’ll hang on to mine.
WAY too good

to call it "junk" anf throw it away!


2 comments:

Miss Sunshine said...

I agree.

Calling a mans most precious body part(outside of the heart)"junk" is just plain wrong. I personally refer to the penis as a dick,if it's flaccid, and the testicles, balls. Well, really because that's what my husband calls them. However when erect I always refer to the penis as a "Cock". Mainly because it's just sexy, but also because it seems fitting. An erect penis, much like an adult male chicken (aka: cock) is very angry looking with an arrogant aura to it. When I look at either the erect penis or the male chicken I always get the feeling it's saying to me, "Make my day, I dare you to try". Also to me, "cock & balls" seems more respectful and mature than all of these other silly names people like to call the male anatomy. I"m sorry but a boy doesn't have a cock, he has a penis, or a willy or whatever else these kids call them these days. I'm sorry but I'm an adult, I want an adult. If you don't have a "Cock", knock on someone elses door. The male genitals, in combination with the womb, are the life force of mankind and deserve more respect than to be refered to as "Junk".

Always,
ღღ
CoreyJo

harry said...

One man's junk is another man's family jewels.