Friday, October 21, 2011

Perfection


“Comfortable in your own skin.” This is a line we hear a lot, particularly in reference to women, or sexual orientation. But there’s so much more to it than that, isn’t there?

Learning to be comfortable with our bodies is just as tough for us guys as it is for you ladies. You didn’t know that, did you gals? But it’s true. Witness the rapid increase in sales of men’s cosmetics, the “manscaping” we’ve all begun to do, the growth in male plastic surgery; all in the name of better body image, of chasing our idea of perfection.


We’re concerned about what we look like, whether it’s walking through the mall or on the beach, or in the locker room at the gym. We worry about the beer-belly, the love handles, and, of course, the size of our cocks (is it too thin, too thick, too short, not hard enough). Some of us even worry about the looks of our balls: Are they too small, too big, do they hang too low or not low enough.


My personal idea of perfection runs more toward the dancer, or swimmer. Most likely because I was a dancer at one time. But regardless of how toned and limber my body had been ‘back in the day’ I never thought I even came close to perfect; my eyes too small, my nose too big; my lips too thin, my ears large; my jaw nowhere near square enough.


But no matter if we ever achieve that ideal, youth fades. My once-lithe body has slipped and drooped; the love handles are bigger and impossible to get rid of now. I keep a good firm grip on what I can (yes, that for sure!), though.

The point here is this, guys: Don’t over-worry. Learn to be comfortable with yourself and you’ll find a whole new attitude on life. It’s such a freeing feeling. You’ll be able to walk through the locker room, or be in the gang shower, or sunbathe on that nude beach.


Don’t become obsessed with chasing perfection, because somewhere out there...

8 comments:

Miss Sunshine said...

I love it. Especially the way you ended it. Now, send me a photo of the "younger" you and one of the "now" you and I'll tell you what I think. Don't forget the nudes!! LOL

Happy weekend babe
CoreyJo

LORDPATRICK said...

If I had a body like some of these guys!!! WELL! I never had an "athletic" body, but had no trouble in finding a partner for sex. Have a great weekend.

Amanda said...

I like it! Especially the "You're somebody's reason to masturbate." My boyfriend's pretty comfortable in his own body, but he still makes comments that he needs to go to the gym and that he wish he had a little more between his legs to make him happier. He listens to me when I tell him he's perfectly fine the way he is but I think he still doubts himself sometimes.

whkattk said...

@CoreyJo - I don't like getting my pic taken - I avoid it as much as possible...camera's break! LOL.

whkattk said...

@LordPatrick - See? That's proof of what I'm saying; we don't need to be built like Adonis for others to appreciate what we do have.

whkattk said...

@Amanda - Keep giving him those positive reinforcements. Guys like to hear that kind of shit once in a while, too. He'll always doubt himself - we all do - but it does make us feel better to have someone say they like what we have. We really aren't that different - we just do a better job of hiding it.

Anonymous said...

Like that sentiment: "you're somebody's reason to masturbate". YOU literally are someone's reason to masturbate, even though you don't display yourself, your blog does get a lot (hundreds?) of guys going. That make you feel good?

BTW - thanks for the inspiration! Yeeeowwwww ...

whkattk said...

@Anon - Thanks! I appreciate that. And, yes, if what I write and if the pictures I post get guys going and taking care of themselves, it does make me feel good. Currently, the blog averages about 1100 hits each day. And I hope all of them are following my advice. ;-)