Thursday, March 23, 2023

Began Wondering

 

Especially when we're young, it's common to get a bit of a boner when a doctor is checking out the balls And the old prostate exam hard-on is fairly common, too, because of the stimulation.


Rare, but still happens, is the spontaneous erection under anesthesia. I'm going for a colonoscopy soon and began wondering if it happens under that light sedation.


I had to do a little research. Turns out, yup. It happens and it isn't all that unusual.


You'd think the anesthesia would stop that, wouldn't you? The thing is, with anesthesia, you're fully relaxed and asleep. And what happens during the night when you're fully relaxed and asleep? Boner city.




So, it makes sense considering the relaxed state and the pressure and stimulation to the prostate (Male G Spot) that's taking place. Yep. A boner might easily occur.

But, here's the thing: The doctor doing the procedure isn't paying any attention to your cock; he or she is looking at the monitor. Plus, medical professionals are well aware that men get spontaneous erections.



It isn't going to shock anyone. Certainly not any male doctor or nurse.


15 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Who-da knew?

uptonking said...

Spontaneous erections? Acceptable in the workplace? Hmm. Clearly, I am in the wrong line of work.

Erick said...

Good luck with the colonoscopy.
Take your camera with you and let us know if you respond like these guy

PaulMmn said...

Doctor: Now, John, don't worry if you get an erection during the prostate exam.
.
Patient: My name is Sam!
.
Doctor: My name is John.

JeanWM said...

I bet a lot of things happen that we civilians don't know that the medical folks do, LOL.
Hugs and bisous.

Anonymous said...

The one time I walked into the doctor's alone, my dad made a joke about boner!!

Xersex said...

I didn't know that men's G-spot was the prostate

Big Dude said...

When I first started going to my current PCP 30-some years back, every time I got a physical, the rod got hard. He never batted an eyelash.

fullmoonma said...

My first colonoscopy was fascinating. They just doped me up to relax my rosebud and I was able to watch on the monitor. Kept waiting to see the head of a cock coming in from the other direction! No boner, but that's typical for me. When there's something moving in my butt it's so wonderful that cock becomes irrelevant and stays soft. I was out for several subsequent exams over the years so I missed the show, but also the discomfort of the air inflation. I think they've been done by female MD's, which meant the chance of a conscious boner was minimal. But I suppose I could have happened on opposite the work site. You're lying on your left side so it wouldn't get in the way! Anyway, think of it as an adventure!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

If more men were as good with their lubed-soaked fingers as my urologist is, I would be much more of a whore. That man has the BEST fingers. He's also hot as fuck, so that may contribute to me getting a chub every time he examines my prostate...

XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Jean - I think you're correct! Hugs and bisous.

Anonymous said...

Had a colonoscopy 3 years ago and the doctor doing it had a male nurse and male anesthesia doc. He is doing another one in May at a new center which I think only female nurses and anesthesiologists. But I will be asleep and won’t be embarrassed.

Rad said...

I don't know where you guys go to get a colonoscopy, but I have had 4 so far in my life and never have I woken up with an erection. During the procedure, I have always been positioned on my side. After the procedure, I have always come out of anesthesia fully covered with a hospital blanket, not lain bare on a gurney with my penis and testicles exposed.

Only on the second colonoscopy did I find a a hospital clamp gently around my penis because my bladder began releasing urine during the procedure. And no, the clamp did not cause an erection.

Anonymous said...

Pulling back the foreskin to check for infection can do it. Hell, when I was 12 I came at the doctor's office from that. Mortified.

Etre Nu partout (2) said...

J'ai récemment subit une coloscopie sous anesthésie...mais je ne savais pas que l'on pouvait avoir une érection.
Merci pour cette information :)

Quand à savoir si les medecins prêtent attention aux sexes des patients, la réponse est oui, bien-sûr. Je sais de sources sûr que certaines infirmières font, par exemple, des concours de celles qui aura le patient avec la plus longue bite. Et de nombreux " jeux " ...Mais chut !