Thursday, September 7, 2023

Ease Acceptance

 

"I have a high regard for your important, informative posts on male sexuality and sexual health. I am indebted to you for advice and encouragement you have given on several topics.

Case in point: For the past 16 months, I have, after many years of trying and failing, slept naked, at least from the waist down. Took a bit of getting used to, but I persevered and now will never go back. A few times a week, I stir in the middle of the night to find a nice boner under the sheets, free and unfettered by cloth. Also, I’ve been going commando at home after work and on weekends. Love the sense of freedom there as well.

The reason for this message: Increasingly, I would like to be openly nude during the day. I only wish I had been forthcoming about this early in married life (long story), but I now realize I have harbored naturist proclivities since adolescence. Not that my parents ever would have permitted expression of such. So I learned to indulge in the background. Have swum nude in Lake Huron in July (don’t recommend it other times of the year), off Waikiki Beach, sometimes in pools. Favorite naked activity is hiking, but almost always I’ve had to steal opportunities when I hike deserted trails. My dear wife knows I can be comfortable naked in front of others, especially in other countries where nudity in mixed settings is not an issue (hello, Germany!). How do I ease acceptance at home outside bathrooms and the bedroom?"






Aw, thanks for the kind words. Embracing the naturist lifestyle isn't all that easy here in the states, is it? Mainly because there are so few places to go. At home is by far the easiest. What worked for me at home was opening a discussion about nudity. It took a little while for my wife to fully grasp that being naked had nothing to do with sex. It's about the freedom of unrestricted movement, not feeling crammed into underwear. The feeling of the sun and wind on the skin. The fact that boners happen was also a discussion when she noticed my cock getting hard one day and asked what I was thinking about. I wasn't thinking about anything and she pointed to my cock. I shrugged and told her the truth: The cock changes - filling with blood to varying degrees all the time. Indeed, within a minute or so it went soft. I think that was the clencher. From then on, I was free to be naked all the time and even have friends over who embrace the lifestyle.






I hope that helps.

Glad to hear you've embraced sleeping nude. It's much, much better for you. Not to mention safer when those boners pop up. Going commando is also good for you. Having the groin closed off can sure get hot and sweaty and being commando helps relieve that - less chance of developing jock itch from being in a dark and damp environment all the time.




I hope you're able to achieve your goal of nudism around the house. Our bodies are normal, natural - what we were born with - and we shouldn't have to be ashamed of them. Especially at home.



Readers, any further suggestions on how he might accomplish his goal?

19 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Yes I think it's great he sleeps naked I have never slept with clothes on I don't think since I've been about 10 or 11. If I had to wear something to bed I don't think I would be able to sleep. And as far as the new places go if I can't get to say the woods or a beach or a friend's pool, I have enjoyed going to Mutual jack off clubs or parties. Of course everybody's naked there.

Erick said...

Great post as always.
I am naked a lot at home which is very private.
I have always slept in the nude.
I have recently started going commando and I love it.
I'm in Canada and am heading down through the sates in Nov, and eventually to Mexico.
I would love to find naturalist camping spots along the way. Any Lists?
Thanks

SickoRicko said...

He should talk with his wife, like you did, and go from there.

Rad said...

I have tried sleeping nude, but find I cannot. Even after the rare bedtime romp. I don't get a good nights sleep; I've tried and tried numerous time. I have to sleep with undershorts on.

I am envious of people who can.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Yep. Talking.
It's his house. If he wants to hang around naked, he should be able to do it. After talking to whomever lives with him, that is.
BTW, I kind of like to sleep naked if I'm sleeping with someone. I really like the feeling of a man's naked body next to mine. But When I'm alone? I sleep in undies and a t-shirt. Funny, ain't it?

XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Erick - It will depend on where you're located in Canada. We'll see if anyone has any places to recommend. But you can always do an internet search. "Nudist friendly campgrounds."

whkattk said...

@ Maddie - I've been sleeping nude since I was 15. Like you, I can't sleep if I have anything on below the waist.

Big Dude said...

I have slept naked since I was 8. My mother quit waking me up for school when she realized I was getting morning hard ons, and turned the task over to dad. He slept naked and loved it that I did as well. When mom left us (I was 14) we both walked around in the raw, even with morning hard ons. He said morning wood was nothing to be ashamed of. I was more discreet in the college dorms, and if I stayed at someone's home, I slept in skivvies. Now,around the house, it's buck naked all the time. I recommend it heartily.

JeanWM said...

Certainly talking to his wife, and explaining why, I.e. sleeping naked. Some of the same reasons that are good for him would be also good for her. And that’s a good start, because you are naked when you get up, when you go to bed, when you head to the bathroom, getting dressed, etc. just little by little. Some people are very comfortable but others aren’t and that’s something to be sensitive to. Hugs and bisous.

Hooter from Owls Rest said...

I am lucky, Maximus and I both enjoy being nude around the house. We sleep nude also. We have both slept nude since our early twenties. Sometimes we can go several days without getting dressed. We hold nude dinner parties for several of our friends. No sex at the parties just enjoying nudity. Try going nude when you home alone first.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that he took some used to sleeping nude. I have the same issue as my legs get cold at times. My new primary care doctor suggested that I sleep nude—if you can believe that. I haven’t told my wife.

Xersex said...

I share the advice of Rick!

Anonymous said...

It's strange how we can develop aversions to nudity, which is a natural state, because of childhood experiences that may or may not be outside conscious reach.

I had a great difficulty learning how to be comfortable ejaculating whilst naked in bed, due to having to hide the evidence in pyjamas during adolescence for so long. I didn't even begin to sleep naked until I discovered my Father was doing just that, after the longest time him wearing pyjamas to bed whilst I was a child. Interestingly I found it easier to transition to going topless in bed before also eventually losing the pyjama bottoms, the opposite of the OP.

It seemed to help going naked by wearing loose fitting pyjamas or sleep shorts that permitted enough movement inside to think I wasn't wearing anything at all, before finally not wearing anything at all.

As for being naked at home, it might make it easier to transition via losing underwear first and going commando, then wearing only loose fitting shorts that let it all hang down in the semi-open air and then finally losing the shorts entirely.

I wish the OP luck: with me its still a work in progress shedding inhibitions. Perhaps speaking to a professional might be a good idea to help vanquish any childhood ghosts.
It isn't easy shifting practices that have developed over many years, especially when one is young and impressionable and particularly when there is an element of shame.

Anonymous said...

For those od us who like a little cover but want to avoid our equipment getting tangled up with sleep pants, anyone ever tried old fashioned night shirts. Does a night shirt avoid equipment tangles and injury?

Cale said...

Everyone: Many thanks for the kind words, encouragements, and advice. I am now officially out as a home naturist! My chance came with dog bathing this morning. Wife was out doing errands when I surfaced from the basement naked after showering. Decided as long as the dogs needed a bath it made no sense—and was more practical—to put anything on just to get it wet. She arrived home just in time to “catch” me on my way to depositing the second beagle in the backyard to dry. When questioned, I told her it was a) practical and b) honest to what I have been thinking and feeling for a while. After all, I’ve been sleeping naked in the same bed for nearly a year and a half. Now I am just continuing into the daylight hours. No objection raised, and the rest of the day has gone on normally. More discussion to come, I’m sure, when I tell her I hope to visit a clothing optional camp nearby to do some hiking. Love to hike the trails naked. Did that in the Adirondacks a few years ago—what a rush!

whkattk said...

@ Cale - Well, that worked out well, and seemed to be fairly easy. Dogs: Man's best friend.
Hiking naked is wonderful. I used to do that fairly often in my younger days - before the M.D. struck. Every so often I'd run into another nude hiker. Nudism is a fairly common thing. 😊

Cale said...

We can overthink and anticipate obstacles that aren’t really there.

One practical matter: Cock drool. I leak sometimes even if not aroused. Annoying to have a slimy string attached like a boat line to my upper thigh.

whkattk said...

@ Cale - I still have that issue at times....

hsgisme said...

Have slept commando since I was a teen, and feel quite restricted whenever I have to wear anything while sleeping...