Friday, August 28, 2026

Less? Or More?

 


Morning


It overcast. Again. Been a very weird....everything, lately. I think I must lower my expectations of others while raising expectations of myself.











What do you think? Would there be less disappointment? Or more?

3 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Babes, we can only count on ourselves.
We know what we can do and what to expect from ourselves. Setting goals based on someone else’s potential is a recipe for disaster.
We can have high expectations for ourselves because we know our own strengths.

XOXO

Rade said...

I've succumbed to just being satisfied with completing my hand-written "Daily Task List" of objectives. I give myself up to 14 tasks or objectives to achieve over a 3 day period. Some things are always on there; change the litter box, supermarket run, spot vacuum if necessary (again, cats). Can include going to appointments, reminder to pay a bill, yard work, etc,. What it gives is a grounded sense of gratification when most of the objectives have been addressed and crossed off, and accept that some tasks just ain't gettin' done. But when you see that there were, say, 10 things on the list, and 8 got done by the end of the stretch. Hey! It's a win!

And if you have a spouse who is a MASTER at tossing out all the things at the last second that HE thinks I should do, I have no problems telling him, "If it ain't on the list, it ain't gettin' done!".

Rade said...

...though I would CERTAINLY not be disappointed to be able to walk through the woods like the last two guys...