Monday, October 16, 2023

Balls, Pecs, & Funnies

 

Yesterday
was
BUDDY BALL CHECK
I hope everyone did their TSE, and then reminded others to do the same.


Since October is

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

it's equally important to remind everyone that men can and do get breast cancer. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,

"About 1 out every 100 breast cancer diagnosed in the U.S. is found in a man. The most common are:

  • Invasive ductal carcinoma. The cancer cells begin in the ducts and then grow outside the ducts into other parts of the breast tissue. Invasive cancer cells can also spread, or metastasize, to other parts of the body.
  • Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) is a breast disease that may lead to invasive breast cancer. The cancer cells are only in the lining of the ducts, and have not spread to other tissues in the breast. "



For a male self exam, look for lumps around and behind the nipple, and the arm pit.  Symptoms can include any tenderness in either area, the nipple caving inward, or there is any discharge.



As humans, it's a fact that we take more notice of that which directly affects us. I lost a friend to Testicular Cancer. He was only 52. And an acquaintance in the theatre circles died from Breast Cancer - he was in his early 50s and so embarrassed by the disease no one knew until his wife announced it after his death. I wonder how many lives he may have saved if he'd had the balls to go public?


So, now you know why I harp on the Ball Check each month and the pec check once in a while.



Now, on to the Monday Funnies.





Have a happy day.

9 comments:

Rad said...

Thank you for the reminder for men to check their breasts, too! I thought I was going to be all that and had my nipples pierced. After about 6 months, they became infected and I developed several enlarged lymph nodes as a result. I took them out and never went back. Same happened with a pierced ear. The lymph nodes have remained enlarged ever since. Been about 30 years, and to this day when I go for a massage, inadvertently the therapist will palpate the enlarged lymph nodes and make a comment that I should go them them checked.

And yes, my doctor will request the occasional biopsy to to make sure nothing else is developing.

Your French Patrick said...

If I understand correctly, it's every 15th of the month?

I like the picture were he says "turns out it was a marble in the ashtray"

Some very beautiful pics. Thank you.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat
Have a delightful Monday so as to start a delightful new week

SickoRicko said...


Thanks for the laughs! (Sorry, I forgot ball-check day.)

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

"The nipple caving inward" kinda freaked me out.
Can you IMAGINE??


Thanks for the reminder!

XOXO

whkattk said...

@ MFP - You are correct. Hugs and bisous.

JeanWM said...

I'm sure my neighbors heard me laughing, our worst fear that it was "just the marble in the ashtray."

So funny and with such grim news these days, laughing out loud is a treat. Hugs and bisous.

Xersex said...

don't be shy and let's save lifes!

Big Dude said...

That first hard on is beautiful. Thanks for the warning on male breast cancer...I check my nuts, but never thought of checking my chest.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - How right you are. When people in this country think they should stab a 6-year-old boy 26 times because his parents are Palestinian immigrants, things are indeed very grim. Boy, do we need the laughs. The one teeny bright ray: Over this past weekend, Poland voted out the far right government. Maybe the world is waking up. Hugs and bisous.