Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Too Strange?

 

Good morning.

"Have a question that Maximus and I were discussing. I wondered if you might have an answer. If a person is transitioning into a male and has started testosterone therapy, will their genitals begin to smell like a male instead of like a female even though there is still a vagina, but less estrogen ?
Hope you don't think this is too strange of a question."




I don't think it's too strange of a question. What I was able to find was rather two-fold. The Testosterone injections which a trans must take  on a regular basis will certainly alter body odor. However, as it overpowers the estrogen, the vaginal secretions cease and the natural smell will dissipate but can cause vaginal dryness. Which, in turn, can become problematic for some. The cure for that comes in a variety of OTC creams.


Transitioning not an easy thing. It takes several years. There's the required counseling, then the hormone injections, before any surgery can take place. 


Bottom surgery is still being adjusted to make the clitoris look and function more like a penis and to create a large enough scrotum for testicular implants.






 Hormone treatment will never cease.


Now that penile transplants have been working, perhaps --- some day in the future --- trans surgery will be able to employ that ???



9 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I had no idea.


XOXO

Your French Patrick said...

The photo “trans8.jpg” (the sixth from the end) is stunning. I imagine it illustrates a successful transition?

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.
I wish you a most wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Part of it's pheromones; once you're on hormones, the body very easily rewrites most of your physiology to your gender. Yeah, estrogen and your body pretty much says "Okay, we're a woman now." Though it will take surgeries to complete the transition.

Okay, all that stated, the other issue, especially with a vagina, is bacterial flora, which also have a great deal of effect on the smell. Of course, a penis won't necessarily have the same bacteria. HTH

Oh, an aside: I've been reading this year's DC Pride, and I'm in love with Jess Quick, who ends up fulfilling the Flash tradition of being late.

Hooter from Owls Rest said...

We were away for the holiday weekend, just got home and found this pleasant
surprise. Thank you for dealing with our question. Have seen some very hot pictures of Trans men that got me thinking. Maximus had been married at one time and he was not thrilled with the scent down there. Did those present problems for other men and did it affect Trans men. Your answer was very informative. Thank you again.

Uncle Vic said...

When people say to me "this is a stupid question' I always answer "There ARE no stupid questions'.. A person is asking for knowledge.. that doesn't make them stupid.......

Mistress Maddie said...

Well, I don't know I ever wonder that, but good to know in case anyone would ever ask I suppose. It is rather impressive what we can do these days.

Anonymous said...

Great question, thanks

Xersex said...

Maybe it's not a strange question, but I hadn't and would never have thought about it.

uptonking said...

Thanks for the info. It's good to be informed... you never know what another person is going through.