Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Inspire a Good Boner

I'm a reader across many different genres; everything non-fiction like Dave Barry's humorous essays to memoirs like Hilary Clinton's latest (interesting read, btw), from the silly vampire stuff of Charlaine Harris to what's called "upscale commercial" from Pat Conroy. For instance, I've read the entire (so far) Game of Thrones series, and Loss Angeles by Matieu Cailler (a collection of short stories).


As a kid my love for books started with my inability to be coordinated enough to play sports. My favorite from my childhood was The Black Stallion - and I still have a copy of that on my shelf.



And, of course, I read the local newspaper on a daily basis.

Right now, I'm reading Grisham's latest Camino Island. I don't think life would be complete without books.
Sometimes it feels like I need a wheelbarrow to get my purchases home.
Because I think reading is sexy. Some books even inspire a boner and a good session.
Are you a reader?
Who is your favorite author?
What are you reading right now?

13 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I don't really read as much as I should. But Chuck Plunick is a favorite of mine. Very odd, blizzard and horrific books, with a twist of camp.

Your French Patrick said...

I am at least a reader of your blog. Younger, I was a bulimic serial reader but the more I age and the less I read. Never books in English, as for me it would be endless and too laborious.
Love, hugs and a bunch of bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

Xersex said...

I love reading! but I don't prefer reading novels, but essays and testimonies!

Unknown said...

Great post again! Not reading much a present! Must do something about that during my break! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Yes, of course I read.
Being a German, I like to read English novels in order to keep up and improove my knowledge of the English languauge.
Having been sort of adictet to Diana Gabaldon (yes, her sex-Scenes did inspire me), now I prefere Wilbur Smith's African stories. His sex-Scenes are much more from a male point of view.
The only thing I found disgusting is the way he Pictures Germans as Monsters in "Assegai".
Maybe this is not the right place to write this, but there he leaves his detailed knowledge of history in order to adopt British war-propaganda of WW I.
Everyone who wants to know more should really study historian documents.

Jeffrey Hamilton said...

Avid reader... right now: "A Queer Little History of Art" by Flex Pilcher. fun

Anonymous said...

Make sure to read "Call Me By Your Name" by Andre Aciman

Anonymous said...

Just for fun try G.H.Hauser "blind Ambition" and "For Love and Money"

JeanWM said...

Subscription: NYTimes, Wa. Post, USAToday. I have discovered a good writer can do a good job writing about anything.

I'm reading JR Wards's book, Angel's Share. This is a series about a bourbon-making family in Kentucky. Angel's Share is the alcohol that is lost to evaporation into the air (for the angels) and the next book, Devil's Cut, the alcohol lost that is absorbed into the oak casts.
Just finished Katy Tur's book, Unbelievable. She was the NBC correspondent assigned to trump during the campaign.

And of course your Blog, hugs and bisous dear French Patrick.

whkattk said...

@ Anon - "Call Me By Your Name" is on my list.

whkattk said...

@ mistress - my wife worked with his sister-in-law for a few years. He's got a bizarre sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

Not reading right now, but reading steaming sexy scenes do often inspire boners here! Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Anonymous said...

What's her memoir like? After extended time with her supporters, oh and Vox and Buzzfeed say Keystone XL and DAPL were Russian fake news now because of course, I can't shake the feeling be an extended version of the narcissistic Dolchstoßlegende I'm privileged to hear at least twice daily from centrist Dems. I just can't anymore.

Anyway, since it's October, I've been reading Lovecraft particles and creepypastas mostly. I finished the original works of HPL, Klarkash-Ton, and REH years ago, while still in middle school. Yep, purple prose and all.