Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Body and Mind

We know exercise is good for us.
We know boners are good for us.
We know ejaculations are good for us.
What if we put them all together?
In a way, we do whenever we engage in sexual activity. How much can that affect us as we age? Well, turns out a lot - in a good way. And, especially in the "later years."

"According to researchers at Coventry University and the University of Oxford in the U.K., ... it Turns out, say the scientists, the brain-boosting powers of canoodling are particularly potent for older adults.
The researchers had 73 participants ages 50 to 83 answer a series of questions about their sexual health and then take a series of tests that assessed their intelligence. What they found was the more frequent (defined as weekly) sexual activity the person had ("sexual activity" was defined as intercourse, masturbation and petting), the higher they scored on cognitive function tests for verbal fluency and visual-spatial ability. They also had better cardiovascular health.
The theory is that sexual activity enhances dopamine secretion, which is linked to improved working memory and executive function in older adults. We're sure that physical activity and energetic heart-pumping had something to do with having a sharper brain, too." - Dr.'s Oz and Roizen



So, keep at it, guys.



For body and mind.

9 comments:

SickoRicko said...

You always have the best advice!

Unknown said...

Another great post! My lament: "If only I could!"

Mistress Maddie said...

I have to tell you. It's rare a day goes by I don't masturbate at least once a day. And if I dont.....i always feel off. I almost always run on off in the am and PM. Otherwise I het cranky.

Your French Patrick said...

I do think that the fact of selecting a sampling of men from 50 to 83 years old is not relevant: the age bracket is far too wide to be homogeneous.

I do think that having only 73 participants is not relevant: their number is far too small to obtain valid results.

I do think that their assertions (I cannot call them conclusions) are roughly speaking valid, and I share them as regards the younger men of their sampling, but I can only wonder if they preceded or followed these "tests" invalidated by what precedes and therefore null and void ab initio.

What is beyond reasonable doubt is that I wish you a wondrous day, my darlings Jean and Pat.
Love, hugs and bisous.

JeanWM said...

Well then, I am positive I am a high-scorer for verbal fluency and visual-spatial ability. Since all this good stuff increases dopamine, then add that chocolate Halloween candy on top and I am in the advanced-placement category for feeling good!
(Could also be the reason for that chocolate headach this a.m.). Hugs and bisous!

Anonymous said...

I imagine that sexual activity as you get older would help you stay healthier to get your circulation going. Interesting article and hot visuals to go along with it.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - A chocolate headache? Never heard of that... But, chocolate is supposed to be good for us, too - in mind and body. Hmmm. Maybe that's why sex and chocolate go together so well. LOL.

whkattk said...

@ mistress - now you know why you get cranky if you don't. :-) I, myself, am down to about 3 or 4 times per week, but still within the healthy range.

Xersex said...

wanking is good, but I prefer to have sex with other men!