Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Exercise Boner

Before we came to realize, and know beyond doubt, that spontaneous erections happen at all times, and all places, the phenomenon was considered sexual in nature.
Boners at the gym are still looked at askance. Women especially have posted to online forums and, locally, complained to management about guys with boners working out. It may not happen to all men, but it does happen.


There are several factors which contribute to exercise boners. Exercise causes the brain to release chemicals to rush through us and testosterone levels increase. Blood flow increases - and we now know that good erections are a matter of blood flow. Add the jostling which can stimulate the goods and, well, there it is.






Faithful reader Thom remembers reading about erections connected to exercise and that there was a medical term for this.

But, I'll be dipped if I can find anything. 
Faithful Readers, do any of you know the medical term?

11 comments:

Xersex said...

love your pics! but I can't remember any term!

SickoRicko said...

I don't have a term, other than: excellent post!

Unknown said...

Sorry! Can't help you there! Beautiful Spring morning here. Great post as ever! Trust you are holding up!

Your French Patrick said...

The association of exercise with both erectile and sexual function is well known, but I have found no specific medical term.
Masturbatory effect of the frictions of the shorts against the genitals? Increase of the rate of testosterone, natural or resulting from the use of a doping product? This has little to do, for example, with the priapism, in case it would be the word heard by Thom.
Then, why a medical term would be needed for naming a phenomenon which is not a disease nor a dysfunction?
On the other hand, it is true that the doctors adore the unnecessarily complicated or pretentious five-dollars words that they can use as so many secret codes for asserting their intellectual superiority.
Love, hugs and bisous, my friends Jean and Pat.

Anonymous said...

I read regularly but don't comment. I don't know any medical term, but I can say this happens to me every once in a while. Out on the floor, women give me the "evil eye" and some men snicker or shoot me a dirty look.
In the locker room and showers, most guys just ignore. It's like we've all seen men in there with a hard-on, and it's just not a big deal anymore. - Myke

Anonymous said...

It's just called a spontaneous erection. No special name for it.

JeanWM said...

I Googled "erections caused by exercise" and found lots of articles on how to help ED. So it looks like exercise is a good thing, especially if you have ED.

A surprise though, I saw a number of articles about men asking why they had trouble getting an erection for many hours AFTER hard exercise.

Hugs Pat and bisous dear French Patrick.

Anonymous said...

Excererection! : ) I've never heard of a term for it. A very good sign of health though. I hope all is well with you, bro. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

whkattk said...

@ Jean - I noticed the same thing as I searched around. That's one I need to look into. And, thanks for the additional article, too. Fuel for the blog.

Mistress Maddie said...

The gym I go too, my friend told me a woman their once complained about guy with a huge visible hard on. When the man left, who apparently worked out commando left, they told him he needs to wear underwear or a jock strap to hold things in place. Don't know what the turn out was if the guy was mad or not, but my friend who works there said he'd miss that sight.

All man have a cock and everybody know they get hard. Get over it.

Fit Studs said...

YASS, you betta exercise! ^_^