Friday, August 9, 2019

Down With That

Today is
National Pick Up a Book and Read day.
I'm down with that.



Of course, I'm an avid reader and my interests span genres. I can jump from Stephen King and Ann Rice to Charlaine Harris, from John Grisham to Frank Herbert and Arthur C. Clarke. Then I can still jump into Diana Gabaldon. Or Dave Barry, John Waters, and David Sedaris.

Then, there's this guy who somehow combines a bit of all of them into his stuff and still makes it interesting.
So, chill out and pick up a book today.


And remember...
Have  great weekend!
(Reports are due on Monday! 😁) 

9 comments:

SickoRicko said...

I used to read a lot, mostly sci-fi, but reading makes my eyes very tired so these days I read magazines, mostly educational.

AOM SoulFood said...

Hey Buddy! I just put down my book to say HEY! and Have a Bonerific Weekend. Always remember that Reading is FUN-da-Mental! Cheerios! Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Your French Patrick said...

In case you have enough time to read my message in addition to all these books, I wish you a wondrous weekend.
Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

Anonymous said...

Today's total fixation on youth and perfect beauty (which can almost only be young beauty) isn't helping younger generations to wise up and stare reality in the face. We need to educate all people everywhere and of all ages to be more fully informed. Education never hurt anyone. Insufficient education most definitely has.

JeanWM said...

I am in the middle of J. R. Ward. - Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Excellent.

Hugs and bisous.

Anonymous said...

I need to go to the library more often with literate studs like these! Miss visiting on a regular basis but hope to be back soon!

Tex said...

I'm currently reading "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson. Man, is it intense. Lost sleep the other night because I couldn't stop reading just one more chapter.

whkattk said...

@ Tex - for some reason, I couldn't get through it.... Didn't get past 2 chapters. Perhaps I should pick it up and try again.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - Hmmmm. After reading the description, I may have to get these. Thanks for that!