Friday, April 9, 2021

Another Snippet

 

A couple people have asked for another snippet of the novella. Blue is the very end of Chapter 1 to get you oriented.

            I picked up my small overnight duffle and we went in. With the exception of a water closet with both a urinal and toilet, and small sink, it was one large room. A couch and two occasional chairs faced a flat screen tv on the wall. A stereo system sat on a table below the television. Hugging the back wall: a single king bed.

Chapter Two

Detective Belted Blue Jeans bored into me like I’d been up at the Woods for the past two weeks. “Your neighbor’s calendar has you up there with him. How long were you there?”

“Uh, yeah, I went with him. I mean, he drove, you know? I st— we stayed for a week. I had to get back to work. I work from home.”

“It would appear that everyone works from home these days. Well, everyone who doesn’t have to be tromping around the tri-state area trying to solve a murder.”

Murder? Deven had been murdered? My knees buckled. The detective’s instinctual reach missed due to the social distance required. I grabbed onto the low wall separating the properties. “Are you sure? I mean, Deven was a really decent guy, I think. He was neighborly, you know?”

“The coroner over there found his death suspicious and brought us in to help investigate. You never know what can turn up in a victim’s house.” He eyed me as if to make sure I got the point. “But while you were up there with him—you say the two of you returned after a week, I can verify that, you know.” More pointed eye contact. “But while you were there, was there anything that may have struck you odd? Did his behavior change at all?”

Hoo, brother. What a loaded question. In the three years he lived in the house next to me, he conducted himself like a master womanizer. So many different women. Every one of them stunning. I wondered what he had that attracted them. What do women even look for? A nice-looking guy with a tiny bit of a belly and little love handles, so it wasn’t his body though I liked the dad-bod look. It’s not like he packed a package, either. He possessed an…average cut cock.

The minute we entered the cabin and I noticed that one bed, doubts crept up for me. This was not going to go well, was it? I did the only thing I could think of to avoid an awkward bedtime or, worse, an immediate return to the city.

“I’ll take the couch. I mean, you paid for this, the bed should be yours.”

He looked at me like I had suddenly developed three heads. “Why? Are you afraid of sleeping in the same bed with a guy?”

“Uh, no. I just thought…you know.”

“What?”

“You, you know, you wouldn’t want….”

He laughed. “You don’t know me very well. But you will. Before the day is out, you will. I promise.”

I managed a smile. “Uh, okay. Cool.”

Still naked from when he stopped on the roadway, he headed for the door which hung open. “Now, drop the bag. And for fuck’s sake take the clothes off. Come on, I feel like going down to the lake.”

There seemed to be nothing else for it. I pulled the t-shirt off, popped the buttons on my pants and shed them, tossed everything on top of my bag and followed. It felt weird to be walking around in shoes and a mask but that’s how everyone was dressed. Or, undressed. Deven walked with such sheer confidence, a swagger, really. Waving to other guys as we passed them, it seemed he knew everyone by name. Well, why wouldn’t he if he made this an annual trip?

I had to admit he had gorgeous legs, like a dancer’s; long, and well-toned, well defined muscles. His ass flexing with every step he took I really didn’t want to catch up to walk alongside him. I also didn’t want him to notice the chub developing. But I didn’t want to creep him out, either, and did my best to act as if my cock was always like that, even though he probably knew better.

************************

Just some random photos that might fit the prose.









Someone asked if I heard from the publisher yet. Nope. Their submission FAQs say it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get a response.

Much patience is needed to be a writer.
😐
Have a wonderful weekend

I hope you are still intrigued enough to want more.

16 comments:

Your French Patrick said...

Today much patience isn't needed to get some wonderful pictures.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

SickoRicko said...

Excellent post! Have a good weekend your own self.

uptonking said...

Have a lovely weekend. Enjoy. Hope you are feeling healthy and happy.

William said...

Thanks for the additional Novella post. I'm sure most of your loyal followers will line up to purchase as soon as it's available. Have a great weekend.

Unashamed Male said...

More! More! More!

paulmmn said...

All you need to do is write some more while your first oeuvre is looking for a publisher.

Either that, or toast your buns by the pool! (:

Adam said...

Ok, this hooked me. I want the full story. Well-written, sir.

Paul said...

I can’t wait for the full text... thank you.

BatRedneck said...

Oh man how I smiled at your depiction of how women are seeing men :-))
One thing though: wouldn't it be more fit for this (at this point) mysterious Deven to bear an uncut cock? Like a slight detail that would concur with his 'out of range' side at this stage of the narration - and sort of a living counterpart to the cop's belt buckle..
Do not mind, that's just my imagination going merry-go-round.

whkattk said...

@ Paulmmn - LOL. I have been diligently working on book 4. But, come mid-May the buns will be toasting by the pool.

whkattk said...

@ William - Thank you. I sure hope so.

whkattk said...

@ Adam - Thank you!

whkattk said...

@ Paul - Fully edited and published within the next 4 months...I hope. Fingers crossed!

whkattk said...

@ Bat - Hmmmm. Good point. I may have to go back and change that. Which means I have to swap another character's status. But that's what revisions are all about, right?

whkattk said...

@ Rick - See? You could make it through an entire Novella. You just need to read a little at a time. 😊

Xersex said...

very erotic!