Thursday, April 22, 2021

Getting It Up

 

Almost since the inception of this blog, I have been pressing the idea that the boner is a man's barometer of health.

As a result of research to help my buddy develop his first play, Phallusies (a comedy about men from circumcision to prostate cancer) the link is to a short YouTube promo clip). The play is a series of short sketches and monologues. One monologue features a young man relating the experience of his first physical. Of course, he gets an erection during the exam.


It is then that the doctor tells him he has no need to be embarrassed because it's a sign of good health. The character's response is, "Then I must be the healthiest kid on the planet!"


The latest Healthline article, "Physical Symptoms Men Shouldn't Ignore," points out that Erectile Dysfunction (ED) can be a symptom of more than that proverbial "It's an issue of blood flow" the pharmaceutical industry uses to promote boner pills.

"Other than concerns about sexual performance, erectile dysfunction (ED) can be a sign of a more serious problem, such as cardiovascular disease.

ED may also occur due to increased stress or depression. If you’re experiencing these issues, speak with your doctor about medication options and mental health counseling.

ED is a condition that doctors treat often. The sooner you address the problem, the sooner you can find a solution."




But before you go shopping online to purchase the latest gadget or formula, go get a complete physical to see what may be preventing you from "getting it up."

Yes, we guys love our boners. 


As we should.

Don't put yours in the hands of an online "exam" that could miss a serious underlying condition.

13 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

OMG! That monologue must be about me! I think I told you a got a new doctor and saw him twice, both times I sprang a erection. Unlike my old doctor, with this one I'm completely nude before the examine is done. I'm not use to that. He said the same thing what you said , and also said, it was actually easier to examine the dick when hard to feel any abnormalities. But truth be told, I got the boner because he is hot!!! I just worry one time I may start leaking pre cum when he touches me! I haven't been back yet since the pandemic.

I'll be embarrassed if I do.

whkattk said...

@ Maddie - See? And what he says about examining a hard cock makes sense when you think about it: Any lumps would be easier to detect because of the pressure against them. As for leaking pre-cum...no reason to be embarrassed about that, either. It's what happens when we get hard; completely normal.

Jeff G. said...


The problem with ED and depression is that one of the side effects of all of the
antidepressant medicines is that they can and most likely cause either ED and or retrograde ejatulations. With my antidepressant meds I have not even had an erection for about 18 months. Oh well, abd ny diabetes does not help either as it can contribute to ED.

uptonking said...

Lucky Maddie! Wishing you all the boners you can handle. :)

Xersex said...

Erection is good health. Then I must be the healthiest guy on the planet!
Sure I can say the same of me!

Fullmoonma said...

Boners are good! I had my first in almost 6 months this morning. The Lupron shots must be wearing off - at least I hope so!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Boners are fantastic.
That monologue was a riot. I see why Maddie related LOL
I agree with you: boners are tied to our overall health. I should pay more attention to them: the body speaks!

XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Fullmoonma - SO good to see you back, and back to your diary blog. Hope the upward swing continues!

whkattk said...

@ Jeff - I am sorry to hear that. Have you discussed with your doctor to search for a way to at least minimize that side effect? If he can't help you get your boners to return, it IS possible to cum without a hard-on. So, you could at least enjoy your cock.

SickoRicko said...

What a funny clip!

Great post as usual.

whkattk said...

@ Rick - I'm glad SOMEBODY watched it!

whkattk said...

@ Six - you watched the clip? ***smooches***

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of just at the start of puberty, getting a boner during my genital exam. I even came when he pulled back my foreskin. Which he explained is normal.