Monday, April 26, 2021

How Was Yours?

The weather turned super nasty on Saturday. Sustained high winds, gusts up to 50mph, and cold. Sunday, no change. This morning, no change but expected rain. April blows. Right out loud.


April blows. Right out loud. And not in a good way.

AAA to the rescue on Friday. Prorated the old battery, and all is good on the car front.

Got prescriptions for glasses and contacts on Saturday. Sigh of relief. Put in the contact without a problem. I could see again. Now I can't get it out. Sheesh. I may have to deal with two pair of glasses. One for TV and driving, one for reading and computer stuff.



The Oscars. Oh, the Oscars. Pretty lousy telecast. Some surprises in wins. Between Netflix, Prime, and Hulu, we saw every film with nominations in major categories.

I had hoped for Viola Davis, but fully expected Frances McDormand to take home the prize and she did. I feel badly for Glenn Close. Nom #8 and she deserved the win, but foiled again. Hollywood just does not like them any Glenn Close. I expected Chad Boseman, and was really surprised by Anthony Hopkins' win. But he sure as hell deserved it; fantastic performance. Film? Well, IMO, it should've gone to either Sound of Metal or The Trial of the Chicago 7. But I was not surprised by Nomadland taking the statue home. Old Guard Hollywood, you know.
That was my weekend.

How was yours?

8 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

The Netfix guy reminds me of the Lad when he's here watching tellie! His basket sometimes to get full like that too, but then we never finish watching said program.

Glad to hear the email brightened your mood Pat!

Your French Patrick said...

An entirely blue sky, 19 ° Celsius despite a light cool wind.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.
Have a great week.

SickoRicko said...

Sorry about your nasty weather and your Oscar disappointments.

I wear one pair of glasses for TV and driving, and one pair for computer. I read without assistance, so far.

Xersex said...

I slept a lot! I needed it

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Glad the car is back in working condition! Phew!
And I think the Oscars were ok. I was cackling reading people's opinions on twitter about the fashion. Bob just did a great post on it.
I think Viola was a very strong contender. I have yet to see the Black Messiah...

XOXO

JeanWM said...

I found the Oscars very disappointing, mostly because I had seen none of the films except Tenet.
Our movie theaters are beginning to open up in town, we are going to have a flood of blockbusters this year.

JeanWM said...

p.s. Summer is back, temperatures will be pushing 90 this week. Heat on one day, AC on the next.

Hugs and bisous.

uptonking said...

Mine was odd. Still a bit rattled by it. Hope another night between me and it will help. I don't care about award shows anymore. I dunno why. I think my days of being enamored with actors is over, as is my love of celebrity. The weather here sucked eggs. Glad all good with car and glasses. Take good care of yourself, dear. Kizzes.