Friday, April 23, 2021

Plenty to Smile About

 

I so appreciate hearing from readers.

"I would just like to thank you for your blog. I read it as often as I can, and try to check if you have anything new at least 3 times a week.
I find the posts to be well researched yet human, not just a scientific article that has no real life in it. I like how you respect everyone and their sexuality. No judgement from you. 
I have learned quite a bit about my own body by reading your blog and I do the ball check every month.
I myself am a gay man, 33 years old from South Africa. Caucasian. With an average sized penis that I have never heard a complaint about.(yet I would not have minded a bit more length and girth)
The pictures are amazing as well. 

I hope you will have an amazing day and a blast of a year. Keep up all the wonderful posts and pictures."

"Your blog caught my attention, but more so the little snippets you included of your personal life has me intrigued.  If you don’t mind me asking, please tell me more about yourself.

"Thanks for today's post. Gawd Phil had such a wonderful eye for beauty. I really miss AOM."

Things like that make my day.

Today is going to be a pain in the ass. Here in the desert, when a car battery decides to quit it quits. No warning. No stuttering. Just "click."




I leave you with wishes for a great weekend.






May you have plenty to smile about.


17 comments:

SickoRicko said...

"All dressed up and nowhere to go."

Sorry about your battery.

Mistress Maddie said...

I love me some Michael Miller, the first guy!!!!!!!! I wonder if he knows how cute he is???

You have a good weekend too Pat. I'm preparing for my first jab next week!!!!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh no!
Car problems suck!

XOXO

Your French Patrick said...

The vast majority of your readers could have written the message you received.

The difference is that him, he did it.

If your battery is dead, peace to his soul, but above all I must say that the naked men in cars whose photos follow are not guilty of its death.

Have a wondrous weekend, my darlings Jean and Pat. Hugs and bisous.

paulmmn said...

At least in the snow belt you have some inkling that your battery may have trouble because the wind has been howling all night, the thermometer is frozen, your breath freezes when you step outside, and the locks to your car door have to be defrosted.

--PaulMmn

William said...

Sorry about your battery, hope the fix is painless and you can get on with your day. I agree with both of the comments you posted. yours is the first blog I turn to each day, for all of the great information, the great pictures, and your general positive spin on life. I'm hoping you have the energy and passion to continue on for a long, long time. I also agree with the second comment--I really miss Phil a lot, rest his soul. Blessings.

whkattk said...

@ Mistress - 1st jab: Yeeeay!

whkattk said...

@ Six - they certainly do. But, it really was only the battery that crapped out. So, that's good. xoxo

whkattk said...

@ MFP - You are correct, those guys didn't kill the battery. Had they been here, I bet they would've charged it! Hugs and bisous.

whkattk said...

@ paul - True. When I lived in snow country, the battery would give a tough grinding crank...that was the sign it was time for a new one. Here, you get no warning at all.

whkattk said...

@ William - Aw, thank you! I think everyone who followed Phil's blog miss him. He was always so positive about everything. Three days before his death he told me he was better and he couldn't wait to get back to blogging.

whkattk said...

@ Rick - That was about the size of things.

JeanWM said...

It happens to all of us, my problem is I think I can always fix it by hauling out the jumper cables and hailing someone to help lend their car. It worked, and once I got it started I jumped in it and drove to the auto supply store and let them install the new battery. Picked up new wiper blades at the same time.

Happy weekend, see you at the Oscars, hugs and bisous.
Hooray for the folks getting the Jab!

uptonking said...

Wishing you the best. And sorry about the car battery. Cars are marvelous, until they are not. Hey, get an electric car! That is my next goal. I don't see why we're dependent on oil now that electric cars have been proven to work. Kizzes.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - Bless AAA. They came, changed out the battery and it was good to go. We're finishing up watching the nominations for film today, then we'll catch actor (One Night...) and actress (US v...) tomorrow. So far, my vote goes to Trial of the Chicago 7. Though Nomadland could change that. Hugs and bisous.

whkattk said...

@ Upton - Electric car next purchase. That's our goal, too. Though, I suspect those batteries cost a bundle! Kisses.

Anonymous said...

Most batteries are susceptible to deep cold, not only because of the battery chemistry, but vehicle frictional losses being higher with cold lube.

I suggest one of those portable Lithium jump-start power packs kept in a warmish place until needed: perhaps take it with you when you leave the house to get to the car.