Thursday, October 28, 2021

October Is

 

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month 

While I harp on the Ball Check, it is only occasionally that I remind you that men can and do develop breast cancer. Particularly if there is a family history of either breast cancer or early-onset prostate cancer. A link has been discovered in the HR+, HER2- genes, which could mean you're prone to either one, or both.



I'm assuming that all my women readers already do a breast exam.

Now I want all my male readers to do a decent self-exam of their pecs.

It would be perfect if you got into the habit of doing both the Ball Check and the Breast Exam every month.



Assuming you don't have any outward symptoms, you want to gently palpate the entire area.
Look for lumps or odd hard spots.









Log onto His Breast Cancer for detailed instructions.
Or ask your spouse, partner, or close female friend for some assistance.
Ladies, feel free to help us out here with your tips.
**********
Faithful Reader, Jean, added a comment to yesterday's post I thought was worthy of everyone's attention:
"I have always been taught that urine is pretty sanitary, so I checked it out and this is what I found:

'Urine contains a very low amount of bacteria—less, in fact, than what's normally lingering on your skin—and it's healthy bacteria. So go ahead, whip it out in the shower. Your jeans will be cleaner and your lawn will be greener.' another quote: 'You picked up more than your share of dirt, mud, and who knows what else on your skin or in your hair during your day. You’ve probably washed far less sterile things than urine off your body and down the drain.' Yep, all true."


14 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

This is one of those things I keep forgetting about.
That photo of the man with a literal mastectomy is really scary...

XOXO

SickoRicko said...

Very good advice!

Your French Patrick said...

Isn't it the most effective to check your whole body? And your whole buddy's body.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

uptonking said...

Yes. Urine is sterilizing! Which is why we're told to pee right after sex to help avoid STDs and blockages!

Anyway... I could use me an education like that dude in that first photo. Send him my way, dear. Kizzes.

Xersex said...

sure! it's important!

Anonymous said...

For your questioner 2 days ago...one of my cousins developed prostate cancer in his mid-40's. It's unusually early but it happens. DO NOT ignore your symptoms, get checked.

Mistress Maddie said...

I think I have told you, over the years I have had three male friends get breast cancer.

PaulMmn said...

Ah, yes! Peeing! Why do we look for something to pee on? Perhaps the same reason a dog will mark his territory by peeing on things around... even a tall tuft of grass will do!

Maybe we're looking for something to write our name on. Don't know if my tank is that big! "The Great And Wonderful Wizard of OddThingsYouCanDoWithYourMansnake!"

Concerning the relative sanity (sanitariness) of urine and minen, what's the latest guidance on urine as a beverage? I know it comes in different strengths and flavors (Tiger, Beer, LotsOfIcedTeaAllDay), but you seldom hear about issues with urolagnia.

Curiously yours,
PaulMmn

whkattk said...

@ Six - A breast self-exam could've found his cancer earlier.... A lumpectomy would've left a tiny scar. Don't ignore yours, my friend. XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Upton - I'll let him know. He looks to be the amenable type. Kisses!

whkattk said...

@ Mistress - You have. How have they fared????

Hot guys said...

Great message, because... 😏

Health really is the most important thing out there 👍🏻

whkattk said...

@ MFP - Effective and efficient. Not to mention more fun. Hugs and bisous.

Paul said...

Thank you for reminding us. The buddy ball check is good for younger men as testicular cancer strikes young, but breast cancer (as with penile and foreskin cancer) gets us older men. Any significant body changes should be checked out.