Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Throes of Winter

Though the sun is shining full-throttle today, it's cold. Like in the 30s cold.



We are definitely in the throes of Winter. It's now that I long to be in the Southern Hemisphere.




Or at least somewhere warm with a heated pool.





Instead, I'm curling up with the books I received.



Already finished Prequel, which easily shows a correlation to present day political situations. Now I am on to Oath and Honor, which provides a behind-the-scenes look into how we arrived to the current political logjam.

10 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Sunny and warm would definitely be welcome.

Your French Patrick said...

Fortunately there are only two hemispheres while there are four seasons. This simplifies things, isn't it?

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat
Have a marvelous day.

Mistress Maddie said...

I absolutely loved the opening picture you started off with. This past weekend I saw that we left the shed light on, so I ran down completely nude to shut it off. Let me tell you it was cold out. I don't know how people get nude in the snow.

JeanWM said...

I am sick of politics. At least for the time being. Just let me know when the trial(s) begins.
And a SCOTUS decision. Hugs and bisous.

Xersex said...

love your #1 male affection!

reading is so nice and interesting: a true nourishment for the soul!

whkattk said...

@ Jean - Yeah, I've pretty much turned off the news. Now I'm just trying to get the insider's look at who helped, and how. Rather eye-opening. Hugs and bisous.

whkattk said...

@ Xersex - I love reading - ever since I was a little tyke. And I read all kinds of stuff from memoirs to fantasy.

Anonymous said...

I like your tools

Xersex said...

I love reading also biographies: it's like living another life, I can gain experiences through the life of another human being and I learn so much.

uptonking said...

Woot woot. Winter has arrived here in MN, finally. Counting the days until I get to fly away to somewhere warm... in March. Can't wait. Kizzes.