Monday, March 4, 2024

Blustery Weekend

 

Good morning.


Well, it was a very blustery weekend. Winds up to 70mph from early Saturday morning until late last night. It did not interrupt the beginnings of our Oscar Watch, though.


We've now seen Barbie (fun), The Holdovers (fun; kind of a modern Dead Poet's Society), Killers of the Flower Moon (tedious and overdone, but Gladstone does a decent job), Maestro (um, good acting, great cinematography, no real conflict), Past Lives (decent if you like a lot of subtitles), Anatomy of a Fall (never really goes anywhere, subtitles but mostly in English), The Color Purple (double ugh!, though Brooks does a good job playing Sophie).

The Monday Funnies














Happy Monday!


14 comments:

SickoRicko said...

A few reminders of just how old I am.

Mistress Maddie said...

I refuse to see the new Color Purple. The original cast was so good in their parts...why mess with perfection.I refuse to think anyone could play Shug Avery better than Margaret Avery.

Otherwise I've not seen a single oscar nod. And we know I cant stand the Oscars.I don't see the point.

Hot guys said...

Some of these sure cracked me up, thanks for collecting 'em 😜

Big Dude said...

I like the guy with the rod in pic 2 and, even more, the guy pumping cock in pic three. And as always, the jokes are A-one. Thanks. Oh, and when I am home, I jerk dick in the living room because I live alone.

Your French Patrick said...

My favorite image is the last one: "Please, do not grab your own balls, we will grab them for you."

Except the fifteenth of each month, obviously!

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.
Have a wonderful day.

whkattk said...

@ Rick - I know what you mean!

whkattk said...

@ Maddie - I understood it for Broadway...but for film? No. Spielberg should've run from this.

Jean said...

All that said about Oscars, I’m biding my time to see Dune2. I’ve watched so many South Korean series on Netflix I’m used to the captions now. Of those you mentioned “past lives” was my favorite. Monday funnies hilarious as usual.
Hugs and bisous.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Hahaha
The ten CDs for a penny? Oh, those were the days!
And I have yet to see the new Color Purple. My one friend said it's good but I'm weary....

XOXO

Xersex said...

happy new week all

whkattk said...

@ Jean - I'm looking forward to Dune 2, as well. If I had to choose, The Holdovers would be my pick thus far. Hugs and bisous.

whkattk said...

@ Six - Color Purple - The Musical....it's awful. And I say that as a real sucker for a musical. Don't waste your time or money. XOXO

Bruce Jensen said...

I am out of sync this week. It's Friday and I didn't check out the giggles until today. Got a chuckle out of the last one

jimboylan2 said...

And then there Airborne trainee couldn't remember that Indian's name. He yelled something like "Custeeeeer"!