Friday, August 2, 2024

Dystopian

 

Good morning.

It's cloudy and we're still under a heat watch. The kind that leads to heat lightning. Go figure. I'm all for Summer, but this year is brutal. Regardless of the watering we do, our plants are all brown and sunburned. It feels like we're living some dystopian novel.




BTW, You Like It Darker, Stephen King's collection of short stories, is pretty good. Some mind-blowing stuff he conjures up. He tags each story with an author.... "Thinking of Ray Chandler," "Thinking of HP Lovecraft" as a kind of tribute. It's like there's something for everyone.







Have a nice weekend.

9 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

It's been hot here too. Luckily tomorrow I have a pool party to go too!!! Have a good weekend Pat!!!

SickoRicko said...

Have a good weekend. Stay cool.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Heat lightning sounds very scary. Especially when it's very dry.
And King is cool. I think his short stories are very good. Not everybody has the time and stamina to re-read The Stand.

XOXO

Your French Patrick said...

Have a nice weekend you too, my darlings Jean and Pat.
Hugs and bisous.

Jean said...

Even my succulents have turned brown and I thought they were hardy for drought and deserts.
I wish I lived somewhere cooler but go further north and suddenly you’re in smoke country, from the fires burning in Canada.
In this case the grass isn’t greener anywhere. Hugs and bisous.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - Ain't that the truth! My friend in Nova Scotia says, though they don't have fire smoke, the heat is out of control there, too. Hugs and bisous.

whkattk said...

@ Six - My new favorite King short story: "The Answer Man."

XOXO

Unashamed Male said...

Photo 9 leaves me wanting to see the rest of his tattoo of the unofficial U.S. Postal Service motto.

whkattk said...

@ Larry - I wanted the same!