Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Messages From Your Cock

It's typical that as we age our interest in sex diminishes. In our hormone-saturated youth boners abound. As Testosterone (T) levels taper off, beginning somewhere around the age of 30, those spontaneous erections have pretty much become a distant memory.


In our 30's the hard-on's still happen with sexual thoughts or stimulation and should still be good and solid. 

Wood should still be the staple upon waking up - even from an afternoon nap.

If you find your erections flagging, if they don't get hard enough for penetrative activity, if the hardness further falls away and you begin to lose interest even in jacking off, there is likely a physical (or mental) issue.

In other words, if you're getting a bit of a boner
but you're not interested in encouraging a full hard-on and stroking out a load
it's time for a complete physical exam. When we are still relatively young a lack of boners, a lack of interest in stroking out a load is not a good thing. The urge should still be there.
Never ignore the messages from your cock.

9 comments:

SickoRicko said...

I've been dealing with depression for several months now and interest in sex was the first indication. It's ridiculous but we (docs and me) still haven't got the medications quite right to resolve the issue. Jerry has been a peach during all of this.

Xersex said...

love wisdom of our dick

JeanWM said...

They surely are a measure of your general physical health too. I heard that a good measurement is your waist size which should be no more than half your height. So you are 72 inches tall, your waist should not be any larger than 36 inches. That should be easy when you are young but becomes more difficult as you age. Hugs and bisous.

Anonymous said...

I listen to my cock every day. Sometimes it is lonely. Sometimes it is excited. It is great being a man!

whkattk said...

@ Jean - I hadn't heard about that, but it makes perfect sense!

whkattk said...

@ Rick - I am sorry to hear about this. Is it clinical depression? If so, they should be able to find a med that will work. The thing I find that helps is writing - start a journal of sorts, it can assist you in working through this.

JiEL said...

What my «dick issues» did tell me many years ago but I wasn't aware of it is that I had diabetes and that affected my blood veins and nerves.
For that, my dick was hard to be excited and wasn't responding to all that can make it come harder.
I didn't have a doctor to rely on before 2016 so what have to happen happened, my left eye, on oct. 2016, wasn't working in duo with my right eye and that was a consequence of the nerve commanding my left eye muscle was badly hurt.

All came back to normal as soon as my diabetes was controlled but for my erections it's no more harder than before. I'm working on it with some natural herbs medecine and with controling the sugar in my blood..

Diabetes is a nasty illness that is acting without giving a warning and then your blood circulation system and nerves are badly affected..
When the nerves are affected those are no reversible cure to revive them.

John Yodice said...

There's no doubt that when I am depressed, all interest wanes - so Rick, you're far from alone and I do wish you all the best.

As for age - well, I'm well past 30 - but hardly dead. When I snap out of my depression, I am randier now than I was at 25. The point is well-made, but, surely doesn't writ large and thank GOODNESS.

Bruce Jensen said...

Our sexual health depends on our physical and mental condition. I went through a time when I lost interest. My erections became non-existent and I didn't care if we had sex again. The medical/physical issue was dealt with easily enough. It took counseling and many heart-to-hearts with Bryn before I began to come out of the fog. Realizing that I was still desirable to him. Understanding that he loved me; "warts and all". That's what started my sex drive again.