Tuesday, July 21, 2020

A Friend

A really nice email with another example of the silver lining amid COVID-19.

"I've been reading your blog for a few years now and it's made a big differnce especially since I went to college. My dad and me never got along that well but I wanted to be closer to the university so I'm staying with him instead of my mom. He agreed if as long as he didn't have to change his habits because he said this was differene then a week or a weekend. We've had so much time to talk and getting to know him has really opend my eyes. I mean reading this kind of stuff in your blog is one thing living it is another. Turns out my dad is really cool. What started out being embarrassed and now we're open about things like being naked and boners and even wacking off. We actually kind of stumbled over each other doing it a couple times already. Its very cool not ot have to hide it. I think its all because of your blog stuff that I was able to handle this so easy. Turns out he might be my dad but he's just a guy."
Just a guy, indeed. If he has a cock and a pair of balls, of course, he's just a guy. And he has guy issues - like you and all other men. He stands to piss, wakes up with morning wood, he gets boners and his balls will ache if he doesn't do something about it. With the stay at home stuff that leaves masturbation. For both of you.



That you've inadvertently witnessed each other was bound to happen in 24/7 close living quarters. That you can both shrug it off to "facts of life" is to your benefit.



Seriously, though, thanks for taking the time to write. I can appreciate that reading about things can be very different than living them. As youngsters we have a tendency to forget that our parents are human. And we don't like to think about them in sexual terms.


I think you've discovered a friend in your father now.
And the relationship will be one you'll be grateful for the rest of your life.

9 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Another happy costumer because of you Pat!!!!!!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

COVID-19 has changed so many things...
Who knew it’d make people aware their parents are just... people? Funny how we consider our parents these separate entities from everything that’s, well, human. We are conditioned to think so, I think.

XoXo

Xersex said...

very true: a step forward

Your French Patrick said...

They agree with each other. And you agree with their agreement. Me too. Everyone is satisfied. So what more could we ask for?
Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

uptonking said...

Okay, I read this yesterday and was kind of at a loss for words. So I slept on it. Still at a loss for words. This feels creepy. But that's just me. It also feels like one of those 'Penthouse letters' situations, where wishful thinking does the writing. I dunno. Just what my gut is saying... so... take it for what it's worth.

JeanWM said...

100° days, hot and humid stay cool. Hugs and Bisous

whkattk said...

@ Six - Right? We grow up thinking our parents just never had sex, or sexual thoughts, or sexual urges. And some folks don't even want to see that their parents even have genitals.

whkattk said...

@ Upton - Well, I don't think they were engaging in anything sexual - they just became comfortable with being nude and understanding that guys masturbate. At least he didn't say they'd been doing anything together.

SickoRicko said...

Men being comfortable with each other.