Friday, June 18, 2021

New Exercise Gadgets

 
A Faithful Reader asked in comment if a person can be arrested for being nude while using one of the latest exercise gadgets like the mirrored NordicTrac. I wasn't even sure if the instructors could even see their subscribers, so I had to go looking.

According to pelobuddy.com FAQs: "Yes, the screen on the Peloton bike and tread has a video camera! It is in the top center of the screen. However, it is not used for the instructors to see you. Instead, the video camera allows for you to video chat with friends while you ride.Aug 14, 2020"

But, others, like the Interactive Mirror - yep. They can see the people they're coaching with "one-on-one personal training. Through two-way audio and video, coaches will be able to lead users through sessions while giving feedback."


If you decide to purchase one, I'd suggest that you interview any personal trainer prior to beginning with them. Ask them point blank: "I prefer to work out in the nude, is this a problem for you?"

There is bound to be some trainers out there who won't care.






And even some who understand the exercise boner phenomenon.


What do you think, Readers? Would you get one of these and do the thing in the nude?

10 comments:

SickoRicko said...

I'm sure there must be a way to turn the video off. Similar to Zoom.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

No.
The camera in my devices is covered. Someone once hijacked it and filmed me without my consent. Not happening again.

XOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

Hell no....Id rather get naked and have sex as my exercise!!!

Your French Patrick said...

I see you've found things to spend a meaningful leisure time, so I'm not bothering you more.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

Anonymous said...

*tapes piece of cardboard over camera*

JeanWM said...

Hmmm. I actually find clothes useful in exercising. Sleeve is good in cold weather for a runny nose, some folks might like the support of shorts, tops. It comes down to whatever you want, but if you're going to be seen by someone else make sure it's not a surprise.
Have a good weekend, hugs and bisous.

uptonking said...

Working out is hard work. Working out naked is dangerous. So, nope. Not for me. The exception is naked Yoga.

Hot guys said...

Never heard of NordicTrac before... 😏

You learn somethin' new everyday! 🤷‍♂️

Rad said...

I've thought about that issue when seeing the commercials for "Mirror", but for what the hardware + a subscription costs, I can say that won't be a problem for my household. It's ain't happening.

A piece of duct or electrical tape over any webcam will work wonders, too.

Xersex said...

JeanWM is right, IMHO.