Friday, June 16, 2023

Nicotine and Boners

 

Bizzaro things happening. For some reason, an anti-virus software ran a weekly clean-up routine yesterday and disabled Google. It took quite a bit of finagling to get it running again.

Also bizarre, Monsoon season hit a good month early. It's mid-June and we still haven't topped 100F. Today it's cloudy, raining with slight winds, and 62F. The pool still hasn't warmed up above 78F.

Makes one wonder if the Summer heat will extend now through September.


A few days ago, French Patrick asked if smoking will have an effect on boners.



Yep. It does. The why of it is all tied to blood flow. According to University Hospitals, "Nicotine causes blood vessels to constrict, reducing to all the organs, including the penis. Therefore, men who smoke or vape are at higher risk of ED."


Interestingly enough, according to the National Institutes of Health, quitting "rapidly improves penile tumescence and rigidity."







That is, of course, if one does not engage a nicotine replacement system such as gum or patches.

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohh
Well, that's because Google is a nosy MoFo and collects all kind of info from us. My Safari also stops it from working sometimes.
And smoking is this bad and men still smoke? Fools.

XOXO

Your French Patrick said...

I thought nicotine clogs blood vessels and slows blood circulation.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.
Have a great weekend.

Mistress Maddie said...

I was going to say something about this topic but then I lost all concentration when I Came Upon that last photograph. Open button flies and exposed cock is a huge turn on for me.

whkattk said...

@ MFP - That's essentially what is happening. Hugs and bisous.

JeanWM said...

Oui! FP, smoking one of the big health risks for circulation. AND testosterone, who knew?? I stumbled on this gem: "While the relationship between smoking and testosterone levels is complex, quitting smoking has been shown to have a positive impact on hormone levels. A study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found that men who quit smoking experienced a significant increase in testosterone levels after just one week." Give it up!! Happy Weekend and the MONDAY FUNNIES. Hugs and Bisous.

Your French Patrick said...

@ Jean and Pat:

I used to smoke about fifteen cigarettes a day during several decades, But for three months I reduced my consumption to two cigarettes a day that my son gives me day after day and which I consume at the rate of four half cigarettes, one each time I walks my dog, once after breakfast, once after lunch, once after siesta and once after dinner. The healing of my leg ulcer has noticeably accelerated, and I have not felt any frustration.

Bisous, my darlings.

SickoRicko said...

Have a great weekend!

Xersex said...

smoking is bad, even for the cock that is part of the body.

fullmoonma said...

I gave up smoking when I started to masturbate in 5th grade! Probably just a lucky coincidence? It was too hard to cadge cigs from my mom!

Gay Dad in Atlanta said...

Once I quit smoking (about 14 years ago) and lost some weight, my libido increased exponentially. I can definitely tell you that improved health can change you very much. I have been getting off at least twice a day most days. My hubby joins in once a week :) lol.

whkattk said...

@ MFP - It is good to hear that the leg ulcer has much improved. The lowered nicotine levels may have something to do with the healing process. Keep up the good work! Hugs and bisous.