Friday, February 4, 2022

Men's Insecurities

 

Have you seen the commercials for the latest treatment for Peyronies Disease (PD)?


This is touted as "the only FDA approved non-surgical treatment." The worse part? Like The Young Turks (TYT) video confirms, the commercials scare men into thinking natural curvature is something to worry about.


Ridiculous. A curved cock is quite normal.


Regardless of the direction it curves.

Xiaflex was originally used to treat contracture of the hand muscles called Dupuytren's Contracture, and then abandoned by Pfiser after poor sales. The Swedish company that developed it took it back and rebranded the use to target men's insecurities over their penises.

Here's the PD process taken directly from BentCarrot:

"Treatment involves a series of injections given by trained urologists in their office. When paired with gentle stretching and straightening of the penis, XIAFLEX is proven to help reduce erectile curvature."


"3 separate office visits required. 1st injection. A 3-day wait. 2nd injection. A 3-day wait. The Healthcare Provider will stretch & straighten your penis. Then a 6-week regimen of at home stretching and straightening."

So, basically...jelqing. For an average 35% improvement.



"Penile fracture (corporal rupture) or other serious injury to the penis. Receiving an injection of XIAFLEX may cause damage to the tubes in your penis called the corpora. After treatment with XIAFLEX, one of these tubes may break during an erection. This is called a corporal rupture or penile fracture. This could require surgery to fix the damaged area. Damage to your penis might not get better after a corporal rupture."

Well, isn't that terrific - it's 99.9% likely a fracture is what caused the PD in the first place.

"Do not have sex or any other sexual activity between the first and second injections of a treatment cycle.

Do not have sex or any other sexual activity for at least 4 weeks after the second injection of a treatment cycle with XIAFLEX and after any pain or swelling has gone away.

XIAFLEX, for the treatment of Peyronie's disease is only available through a restricted program called the XIAFLEX Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) Program."

[Bolding is theirs from the website. So is the mixture of fonts used in the quoted sections.]

No sex for at least four weeks after the second injection. That includes masturbation. No jacking off, boys. Do they give you medication to ward off the wood? Uh...nope. Why?

"Gently straighten your penis 3 times each day. At least 1 time each day when it is erect unrelated to sexual activity (spontaneous erection)."

Guys, first of all, do not confuse natural curvature with a severe bend.







Fullmoonma wasn't able to add his photo to his comment, so I've added it here.


A severe bend is one which might inhibit any normal sexual activity.

And can be corrected with surgery --- with (basically) the same amount of recovery time.

Second, steroid creams are also FDA approved and don't require a needle in the cock. It may take longer, but...no needles in the cock. And you don't have to avoid sex.

**************

Tomorrow, Feb 5, marks one full year since Phil (AOM) left us. He brought so much love and light to the blogosphere and to the world. I wanted to take a moment of remembrance. He used his blog to promote body positivity ~ the beauty of the male body.


❤️ "Hugs, licks, and strokes, bro." ❤️

23 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I don't mean to be blunt, but curved cocks are nice to suck and even feel nice when bottoming. Have a great weekend Pat and to all!

Anonymous said...

AOM was morning ritual for me.

paulmmn said...

Some of those bends look like they'll make oral sex easier. Assuming you align the angle of the dangle...

--PaulMmn

UtahJock said...

Natural curvature lets you slam the pleasure spots better at specific sexual positions, like the prostate or G-spot.

Your French Patrick said...

Interesting, and remarkably documented!

Myself, up to now I have a curved cock…
…but only when it's not erect.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings chéris Jean and Pat.
Have a great weekend.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I'm partial to cocks that curve upwards. Yum.
They just hit the right spot, over and over and.. Yes.

I knew someone who suffered from Peyronie's and he was perfectly functional. I think he did the cream, btw.

XOXO

Xersex said...

a curved dick can give more pleasure both to men & women. It's not a great problem for sure!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for remembering Phil from AOM. Phil is beloved and missed.
Excellent post today, as usual. Thanks for everything you do - posts, education, great photos, interesting questions and answers. You are my #1 go to now. Have a great weekend. Andy

SickoRicko said...

Leave it to big pharma to find a use for a failed drug.

Demian said...

I can tell you, my only insecurity is not have that a man with kind of big and tick piece of dick.... The rest, it doesn't care if it's bending to the ceiling or the floor, to the street or the next door.

whkattk said...

@ Rick - Right? It amazes me, sometimes. The ploys they will use so effectively. But, so far, most of the internet is slamming the treatment.

whkattk said...

@ Six - He was a smart man. XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Demian - LOL. Well said!

uptonking said...

I love a curve.

Have you seen that new infomercial/commercial blitz on the surgical ED clinic/treatment?

Have a lovely weekend. Kizzes.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for remembering Phil. He was the best. Miss him and his wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

I learned a lot from your post. I did not know all of this.

Also, your tribute to Phil was so sweet. I clicked to visit his blog and his niece's post about her uncle was moving. Sending a big hug to you.

Fullmoonma said...

When I proudly showed my 14 yo hardon to some buddies I got teased for my "downturned dork". I worried about that enough that in college I sought out a urologist who told me it was just fine and nothing to worry about. And he was right! When I came out in my 30's it started to get a lot of favorable attention, and it still does. I finally furred out that my buddies were intimidated by it's size and wanted to cut me down a notch or two. Eventually I learned that the curvature was part of a birth condition called hypospadias. I like the look of other curved cocks I've encountered - it makes me think they are ready to explore - peeking around corners.

Xiaflex sounds like horrendous genital mutilation - thanks for spreading the warning. Much worse than circumcision which falls in the same category except in rare instances. I helped save a foreskin for a colleague's son 20+ years ago when his wife feared he'd be teased in gang showers, so I add my words to this warning!

Unknown said...

Good advice here. My husband suffers from Peyronies and has an almost 90 bend when erect. He’s horribly self conscious about it so in that way it does affect performance. He’s seen a few urologists for treatment and on his last visit the doc said “no Xiaflex!” He said he spends a bulk of his surgery time fixing Xiaflex gone bad. He”s also tried the sound wave therapy which really just caused sever bruising and no noticeable change. He’s now considering surgery which I’m against. They want to cut out a section of his tissue and sew it back together. Doesn’t sound like a good fix to me.

whkattk said...

@ Unknown, February 5, 2022 at 6:01 AM - The surgery will not remove ANY penile tissue. They will make an incision near the bend and remove the scar by scraping it away from the Tunica, which is causing the bend. Then they'll sew the incision closed. Most likely give him meds to ward off any wood while he heals. Then he should be good as new. Help him find a very skilled surgeon. Then I hope he'll heal so he can be proud of his cock again.

BTW, sound wave therapy should not be used to treat Peyronies. Itis strictly for ED. If he ended up bruised from the treatment, the technician didn't know what they were doing. Setting was too high, or the treatment went on too long.

whkattk said...

@ Upton - Haven't seen that.... Hmmm. (Or uh-oh?)

whkattk said...

@ Fullmoonma - Doesn't Xiaflex sound nasty, nasty, nasty? I hope urologists cease suggesting it. A few of them get sued and maybe it'll go away.

Anonymous said...

"Body Positivity"...Hmmm. AOM, while he had a beautiful blog, I actually challenged him on the subject of body positivity.
He featured only the most beautiful men he could find, perfect bodies, beautiful hair, stunning white teeth, just pure perfection. Those beautiful people do not represent everyone and can cause much anxiety in young men who were not fortunate enough to have genes passed along to look the same. Suicides among young men are atrociously high, especially for those bullied because of their looks. I asked the gentlemen to occasionally post pictures of the average boy next door, photos of men that they can relate to and be POSITIVE about. Self love. I received no reply and he never posted a photo of a less than perfect male specimen.

Tex said...

Thanks for bringing this up. I completely agree with your assessment. I have a slight downward curve and it has never been a problem for me or anyone else.