Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Best of Outcomes

 

The follow-up appointment went good. All cleared.

But if it ain't one damn thing, it's another. We discovered water dripping from the ceiling in the living room and a large patch of wetness. Either the A/C condensation pan busted, or the roof leaked during the storms we got from the outskirts of Hurricane Hilary. A/C guys are on their way and we shall see. 


In the meantime, a follow-up email:

"It’s taken three weeks to get back to a normal ejaculate (and very nice it was too). The first two were bright red, which when I asked the original question. A couple of dull red, then dark caramel gradually lightening across the ensuing weeks.
 
The Gleason score for the sample was 3+3=6, which is the lowest score for the test to be cancer. These days they don’t jump to treating these quickly and prefer to do active surveillance—regular PSA, DRE and scans. Once it moves beyond that, they treat. I’m not happy about this and will be having a robust discussion with the Urology team when I can.
 
However, they tell me that the high PSA I had doesn’t really match with a low Gleason score, so they want to do the biopsy again—this time under GA. At least this time I’ll know what to expect with ejaculations." ~ BWC




I know we all wish him the best of outcomes!



And that --- if there is surgery involved --- function returns.




12 comments:

Erick said...

That must be welcome news to you. Glad that you are completely on the mend. Good luck with the water drip

SickoRicko said...

I send well-wishes to both of you!

Mistress Maddie said...

Well you know Pat they say when it rains it pours! I myself am just now recovering from the weekend. It was a fun weekend relaxing, but maybe just too much sexual activity! Wait did I just say that?

Big Dude said...

I'm plugging for you. Stay strong!

whkattk said...

@ Maddie - And you know you can't wait to go back and do it all again! LOL

aussieguy said...

Great to hear for you (and A/c can always be fixed) and I hope for the best for the other fella as well.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh no!
That email sounds like the tests will keep coming. But better safe, right??
And glad they cleared you. Phew!

And the roof, now???

XOXO

JeanWM said...

I have a PVC 1" AC drainage pipe I have to pour bleach into a couple times in summer to keep mold from building up and blocking the AC drainage. I have a pan too but that's just if drainage is too slow and out of sight out of mind. I put in an auto shut off if water gets too high in pan, that after a wet ceiling a few summers ago. I never get anything in that pan now that I dose with bleach. Glad to hear that your Dr's visit went well. Hugs and bisous.

whkattk said...

@ Six - Nope. The damn A/C.... XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Jean - The auto shut-off has been installed along with the new condenser coils that have a built-in infared to battle any buildup, pan, and drain line. Hopefully that will be the end of any issues. Hugs and bisous.

Anonymous said...

As a prostate cancer survivor going on 11 years please pass on my advice to the guy who wrote in as well as anyone who reads your blog. I urge all guys when PCa is mentioned to go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation website (pcf.org) and download their free brochure on prostate cancer treatment. They update it often so it is current. It is the best.
Also note that there are various treatments for PCa besides prostate removal, which is very invasive.
ED and other life-altering charges are inevitable, but there are things a guy can do to get back some function. There is a great book by Dr. John Mulhall, entitled “Saving Your Sex Life: A Guide for Men with Prostate Cancer “. Dr. Mulhall’s specialty is just like the title of his book. Any man facing PCa treatment should read that book.

fullmoonma said...

I had several biopsies about 15 years ago after a "false" PSA of 6.8. Just a note to gay readers, don't get a PSA test the morning after your prostate has taken a pounding in the bedroom! Eventually my urologist, a top guy at Harvard Medical School, said more biopsies were pointless, that the wonky cells he was finding rarely turned into cancer. My MD stoped doing regular PSA tests. Then 3.5 years ago I started running low grade fevers in the morning and losing weight. Lots of different tests were inconclusive until he remembered to do a PSA, that came back at 20! Eventually a marble sized cancer was zapped by cyperknife radiation 2.5 years ago and subsequent PSA tests are less than 1.0. So I'd recommend regular PSA tests, and don't assume your straight doctor thinks about gay sex!