Monday, November 12, 2018

For Anonymous Who Feels Shame

Received the following comment last week that just makes my heart ache. Especially because it is left Anonymously so I can't respond directly in addition to addressing the issue in a post.
"Anonymous said: Thanks to you, i have been sleeping buff naked for 1 week and it is the best sleep i have ever had. But why do i feel ashamed after masturbating?"
Dude, I'm very happy you've taken the advice to sleep nude. You'll avoid damage that way. But, to understand why you feel ashamed after masturbating will take you supplying more information.


Are you ashamed of having a penis? Have you been raised in a home where the body (and its functions) are thought to be "dirty" or "shameful?"
Does it bother you that people know you're going in to a men's room? Are you uncomfortable with other guys seeing your cock in a locker room?
If not, does it embarrass you that your penis gets erect? Or, to even think about it getting hard?

Have you been teased by others, like your friends or members of your family, about masturbation?

Sexual energy, and the pleasure it brings during activity, will push negative thoughts into the background. The better it feels, the more focused we become on enjoying it.
After an orgasm (ejaculation), the erection will subside and those negative thoughts can return. But, in order to understand why you feel shame after you cum, we must understand why you hold negative thoughts about jacking off in the first place.
In other words, you need find the root cause of the shame and embarrassment of doing something so normal and natural; something which is the absolute most common sexual activity.
My Reader who posed the questions for last week's posts responds: "Amazing posts! I have been asking friends to visit your informative blog. Thanks again for speaking about these things. They have cleared my misconceptions! Harish"
So many never respond - so i appreciate you letting me know I've been able to address your questions.

6 comments:

AOM SoulFood said...

A very excellent response to the question of guilt and shame after masturbating. I grew up that way. I used to always feel a great wave of guilt and shame after I came. For me, it had to do with my religious upbringing - the body and it's feelings and functions were either dirty or sinful. I was never told specifically that masturbation was wrong - in my house a topic like that was NEVER talked about - but all the stuff taught to me about sexuality in church definitely translated to me that masturbation was sin and I was going to burn in hell for all eternity for doing it. So that's why I always felt so bad.

It took me years to overcome this - It was a process that started out by just not caring anymore - to finally realizing that masturbation is a gift from God. It is gift meant to be enjoyed. I finally realized that by their own logic, the church said that sex was for married couples because the two had become one - well - when I masturbate I am one - so by their logic, masturbation is perfectly okay - a gift to be enjoyed. Once I reached that level of understanding my life turned around and I found great joy and happiness in exploring the pleasures of my own body. It took time and it was difficult at times, but I hope this story represents hope to your reader who asked the question.

I wish you a wonderful wank-a-licious day, bro. Hugs, Licks and Strokes, AOM

Xersex said...

how old's he?

if he's a teenager, I could understand ...

SickoRicko said...

My guess would be that he was brought up to feel ashamed about sexual things.

Mistress Maddie said...

WHAT?!?!?!? I should be burned at the sake then if these people feel ashamed after jacking off, as much as I play with myself.

fullmoonma said...

I think you need to be taught shame for masturbation, or anything else. Teachers could be parents, peers, church, partner, etc. The antidote is pride, acceptance, support, celebration, etc. For me, my first blow job at age 32 was the turning point - seeing the delight Don had for my big cock and the pleasure he was giving me. So find opportunities to celebrate your own cock, share it with appreciative friends, proudly jack out those orgasms and see shame wither away!

Rad said...

Years ago, I would not have given taking a communal shower at a health club while sporting an erection as second thought... but age and weight have taken their toll. I've gone from Bull to Water Buffalo... Just too self conscious of my body to even THINK about changing there these days. Perhaps some day I will be back there.