Thursday, November 1, 2018

Naked Selfie vs Dick Pic

This is a scheduled post. I'm off to another doctor appointment.
If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know I'm a proponent of nudity. Men should not have to be ashamed of what they've been born with. Nudity should not be considered "obscene."

It's struck me how many men are into taking naked photos of themselves. Whether the purpose is to see oneself as others see us, to know what we look like to others when we're naked, or to send to other people - across town or halfway round the world - only they can know. What's the difference between a naked selfie vs a "dick pic?"





Having pride in your body, having no shame in what you were born with is important. No shame in the fact it functions should also be on the list.

 Some, of course, are done deliberately to post online; it's an exhibitionist thing. Those are what people consider "dick pics."

 Take all the naked selfies you want. Share them if that's your thing. There's nothing wrong with it (as long as you're of legal age).
Just bear in mind, once they're out there, they're out there.
Readers, what's your take?

10 comments:

AOM SoulFood said...

Good Mornin', Bro! I don't really know but my best guess at the moments is I think there is an exhibitionist in all of us - a way of preening - a display - Me Tarzan - you wanna be Jane - Another reason could be that we have been taught that it is wrong to display our natural bodies, that there is a rebellion of sorts that makes it fun to show off. I guess there are various reasons for the behavior - each person has their own reason and drive to show their bodies in all it's glory. I hope all goes well for you. I wish you a lovely Skinny Sitting Day! : ) Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

SickoRicko said...

They're out there forever!

that one guy said...

In my view, if it's a picture with your penis on view, it's probably a dick pic. If it features your hard (or even semi-hard) penis, then it's definitely a dick pic. Yes, it's "just a body part," but it has a very specific purpose when it's hard.

We all know that erections happen for lots of non-sexual reasons (otherwise every boy in America would grow up with a major school-bus fetish from 8th grade). Nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about; indeed it's something to celebrate! However, publishing or sending someone a photo of it is not a sex-neutral act. (Similarly, the vagina is "just a body part;" but posing with it wide open and wet is not sex-neutral.)

As a society we definitely need to be more willing to acknowledge horniness as a fact of life, and remove the stigma from boners. I agree with your "take the pictures if you want; share them if you want" point of view. Just like ladies' ankles once upon a time, if people get used to seeing them, they will cease to be scandalous.

Unknown said...

I used to enjoy taking photos of my naked self! Mainly for my own pleasure, but I did post them sometimes on my very first blog! Not any longer! At 84.5 years of age it "ain't what it used to be! 34C here today! Had "glucose tolerance test" yesterday! Results next week! Trust you are holding up well!

Mistress Maddie said...

Is this your subtle way of saying you'd like another dick pic?

JeanWM said...

Looks like the guys taking pics all seemed to be well-endowed. So is this a "flaunt pic?”

Will this election campaign ever end? This year I’ve tried to make small donations to folks I supported, and now I am on everybody’s mailing list! ;-8 Hugs and bisous!

whkattk said...

@ Jean - "Flaunt pic." I like that term! Yes, most likely.

I am eagerly awaiting the results. Yet, I'm worried, as well. We've been getting phone calls and snail mail and email asking for donations; it's been nonstop. TV and radio ads....it's all very tiring. And I'm gaining weight! Eek!

Anonymous said...

What I find to be interesting is that younger men will post naked pics of themselves yet be so shy in the locker room. I work out at a nearby gym and I noticed that younger guys cover up with a towel to go in and out of the wet area (shower/steam/sauna). Real life vs. naked selfies is an interesting thing to me. Has anyone else ever noticed that?

Anonymous said...

Context matters. It becomes a dick pic if it emphasizes the (usually erect, often engaged in some sort of sex act) penis. And a crime of it's sent unsolicited. (And no, "opt out" is still unsolicited.)

Big Dick said...

Amazing