Friday, November 9, 2018

Relax and Enjoy

So, to finish up with the questions my Reader posed about masturbation, here's the final one:
"Does regular ejaculation cause weight loss and acne?"
The short answer is, "No."
To reference my personal journey, I've struggled with weight my entire life. My dancing years were the slimmest, and fittest. My years in the military found me gaining and losing. At one point I ballooned up to 247 pounds (112k). In the years before the Muscular Dystrophy robbed me of full-on erections, I did plenty of jerking off. Multiple times a day in my teens and single years, on into both of my marriages when I also had plenty of sex.


This statement from an article in India Times, dated Feb 9, 2018, sums this up: "MASTURBATION AND WEIGHT LOSS: Masturbation doesn’t cause weight loss. It neither impacts your genitals nor any other part of the body. According to various beliefs, masturbation could be responsible for insanity, infertility, hairy palms or blindness. But neither of these beliefs are true."
Acne is caused by an inflammation and infection of the pores. During puberty, when our hormones are raging, the issue of acne hits many males. Both my brother and I suffered from pretty bad cases; my brother much, much worse than I. We both jerked off a lot - alone, together, with our buddies. One might be tempted, then, to blame all that ejaculating for the acne. But, here's the thing: None of our jack-off buddies had that problem.



This statement from an article in Healthline, dated Feb 23, 2018, sums it up: "There are a lot of myths and misconceptions around masturbation, including how the act affects your skin. Some people believe that masturbating can lead to pimple outbreaks, but that's far from true. Masturbation doesn'tcause acne — at all. Its effect on hormone levels is only tangentially-related to acne development."

So, relax and enjoy yourself.
******************************************
I mentioned in yesterday's post that people who were at the Route 91 Festival emerged from the bar where 12 people were killed. Now confirmed: Navy Veteran Telemachus Orfanos, who survived the Las Vegas massacre, was killed in the mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, CA.

9 comments:

SickoRicko said...

So many myths and misconceptions. Thank you for debunking them!

Xersex said...

Finally I resolved my problems and I'm able to comment on my beloved blogs!

Unknown said...

Islamist attack in Melbourne (Australia) yesterday. Two dead - the attacker and a member of the public. Have a restful weekend. Getting ready for my colonoscopy on Tuesday morning!!??!!

FRENCH PATRICK said...

I sent you in your Tumblr's message inbox a link toward a video showing a way to lose weight by fucking, and I bet that you didn't know it.
Have a great weekend, my darlings Jean and Pat.

FRENCH PATRICK said...

As regards the Navy Veteran Telemachus Orfanos it's really a bad luck very saddening.

A little bit in the same state of mind, we are celebrating the centenary of the Armistice of the first World War, and the medias remind us every day one or another soldier killed a few minutes before or after this Armistice was known on the various battlefields: a bad luck very saddening too.

Anonymous said...

Blaming masturbation comes from three things:

1) Most men are tired after they ejaculate. Also, the penis (of course) loses tumescence after a while. This is of course temporary.

2) Most males start masturbating during puberty, a period marked by acne, temporary gains in body fat, and hair growth. It's also the period of your life when you start to care about sex, but very few males have access to a sex partner during this period..

3) Some mental patients have fewer inhibitions, and would masturbate openly. They weren't necessarily masturbating more (though exhibitionists, like all paraphilias, do tend to have a higher sex drive, or at least the exhibitionists who get caught do), but people made the connection.

Keep in mind that mentally disabled patients often didn't know how to masturbate, but masturbation was often blamed for that.

fullmoonma said...

If only masturbation induced weight loss! Only if done 24 hours a day and abstaining from eating, I'm afraid.

But seriously I think there could be a connection, as least for me, in that masturbating and loving my body gives some incentive to work against its craving for sugar and fat.

Another approach would be "dancerbation" and "dynamic masturbation" techniques I've been taught in workshops - lots of high energy and big motor muscle involvement during masturbation - even my walking masturbation in the Vermont woods has some aerobic component. And combining masturbation with yoga works too. Right now I've got to do the exercises my physical therapist recommended for a sore neck. Maybe I'll intersperse masturbation sets into the routine...

Anonymous said...

Great information as always on one of my favorite activities!

My thoughts and prayers are with those who were affected by the recent shooting. That is so sad about the gentleman who survived the earlier shooting and did not this one. How heartbreaking.

Rad said...

Well! No wonder I could not find the category "Masturbation" in the MyFitnessPall cardio list!