Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Ain't So Much Fun


Good morning.

Happy Mardi Gras! 


Normally, this would be a post filled with Mardi Gras beads. But we have something much more important than dudes flashing their cocks.

"Greetings, I was wondering if you or your readers might have any information on how to deal with Orgasm Headaches? They’ve started happening right at the point of climax and they’re brutally blinding and the afterglow of pain can last a couple of hours. I have tried taking Tylenol like 30 minutes before sex but still get the sharp pain on the top of my head and behind my eyes. After several episodes of this, sex and jackin’ ain’t so much fun.

Sincerely in pain, J"





Well, that cannot be good. Experiencing a headache every time you cum would be enough to make you want to stare at your boner and wish it away. And that's not good for your physical well-being or your mental health.




According to Better Health Channel, the main causes of headaches can include stress, and is usually a vasoconstriction (a narrowing of the blood vessels) But, orgasms ease stress and yours are cropping up only when you are about to cum. These are known as "Thunderclap headaches" (which are sudden onset), or "sex headaches" (which build with the oncoming orgasm). The National Institutes of Health says this:

Orgasmic headache (OH) is an "explosive" headache that occurs at orgasm. Historically, it was considered benign with no treatment needed. Reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome (RCVS) refers to a group of disorders characterized by recurrent thunderclap headache (TCH) and multifocal vasoconstriction.

Instead of bringing you relief, it brings pain.


According to The Mayo Clinic, these are more common in men. A history of migraine headaches can contribute to the onset of sex headaches. The good news is Mayo Clinic indicates there are treatments.


"Beta blockers, for example, propranolol (Inderal, Innopran XL) or metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol-XL) — which are used to treat high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and migraines — may be taken daily to prevent sex headaches. They're recommended only if you have frequent or prolonged attacks. A calcium channel blocker, such as verapamil hydrochloride (Calan SR) — which is also used to treat high blood pressure — may be an option. In people who have a history of migraine, other migraine preventive medications may be used." [bold is mine]



Being able to enjoy sex and ejaculate is important. Not only physically, but mentally as well. Because this is a recent phenomenon for you and they come on sudden and the pain lasts for a couple of hours, I suggest you see your doctor. He or she can run some tests to ensure there are no underlying conditions, and treat the problem with one of the suggested meds. 

Readers:

Have you or someone you know experienced these? Did they find help?

10 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

What the hell?
I have never...!

XOXO

Hooter from Owls Rest said...

Happy Mardi Gras! We had our Nude Mardi Gras party on Saturday. Jambalaya, Rum Hurricanes, Beads, Games, Disco Lights for Dancing. A good time was had by all. Again this year I am whole heartitly giving up abstinence for Lent.

Neither Maximus or I know of anyone who suffers with Orgasmic Headaches. Our heart go out to them.

SickoRicko said...

Never have I experienced that sort of thing.

Your French Patrick said...

Nobody I know, starting by myself, know experienced these. And I am very happy about it.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.
Have a delicious day.

Anonymous said...

I have experienced this a couple of times and it is the worst headache I've ever had. It did not last very long, but it was intense. I have not had it happen again in the last 5 years or so. I did not seek any treatment, since it stopped happening.

Big Dude said...

I cannot say I have ever had this problem. But I definitely sympathize with those who do. It's good to see that the Mayo Clinic has found a treatment.

Mistress Maddie said...

I've never had them and I'm glad I don't. This is yet another reason why your blog is excellent, always learning something new that I didn't even know existed.

Beach Man said...

I think your last post on the subject revealed the true cause. Prior to orgasm there is a build up in blood pressure which may cause an undue strain on the blood vessels in the brain. It sounds like a high blood pressure issue that has gone undiagnosed. I would get to a doctor fast! Something like this could lead to a stroke. I am not a Doctor, but I have high blood pressure and AFIB. (Irregular Heart Beat) Get on blood pressure medication ASAP. and cut out the salt in your diet. AFIB can be undetectable in your everyday life. Mine was, I had no idea, BUT thanks to my apple watch and the EKG app, it detected it. I wouldn't have know otherwise. I hope this helps someone. And I hope it keeps them getting some big dick for fun and pleasure.

JeanWM said...

I have heard of this but never in this detail. Hoping the medication works, note some of those are for high blood pressure.

He needs to talk to his doctor and once a medication has been prescribed make sure he understands side effects. Don’t get discouraged, it may take a few trials finding just the right medicine. There’s probably 100 different blood pressure medication’s for that very reason. But your doctor is certainly the place to start. Hopefully we’ll get a follow up. Hugs and bisous.

Xersex said...

I experience the opposite phenomenon: after having cum, I feel a sense of relaxation. In fact, I masturbate when I can't fall asleep.