Thursday, April 7, 2016

Cock Size in Anthropology (Size Matters)

Thank you all for your best wishes. The appointment went well...now we wait for lab results.
So many times, I'm at a loss on what to post. But, we've had this hanging out there for a while now.
Cock Size. 
We really are obsessed with it. We'll use all sorts of things to show how big our cocks are.
Some will even help perpetuate myth
But, why? Why are we so hell-bent on knowing how well we measure up?
So, I've been doing a bit of digging around, looking into the anthropological ideas as well as the current psychology of this. Turns out, anthropologists theorize that it's always been a concern. But, it was the females who drove the issue. Surprised? If you've watched any nature show or documentary, you shouldn't be. In most species, it is the female who decides, she makes the ultimate selection in regards to sexual partners based on what she believed to provide the best outcome.
And, according to an article in The Guardian, it was through the mechanism of sexual selection that will have driven increased penis size and altered structure:

"This unique adaptation is thought to have been selected through female mate choice, and by the time Homo erectus arrived on the scene, the hominid penis was significantly longer, fatter and more bendy than our ape cousins'. It has even been theorised that bipedalism evolved in humans to allow the fashionably new, larger, flexible penis to be displayed to discerning females.

Women are as aware as men that to build a stable relationship you need trust, shared interests and the ability to keep each other amused. But a woman is not going to 'put the size of a man's cock right out of her mind', because she can't. Females have an evolved interest in the size of a man's penis, which has been sexually selected for its size and shape."
So, the thought that men were obsessed with the size of their cocks long before women turns out to be false.

Why would women care? The longer penis is able to go deeper when delivering sperm. But that discounts the velocity with with it is delivered.
Cock size is so embedded in our psyches that it will always be an issue for us.
We'll probably always enjoy gazing at the larger ones.
And always wish ours to be bigger than it is

11 comments:

Not Alone said...

True that!

Your French Patrick said...

"we wait for lab results." Have I well guessed that you wait because in this sentence "lab" is an abbreviation for "laborious"?
To compensate, you have not to wait so that I wish you a wondrous day, mon chéri, with a lot of bisous.

Xersex said...

love the cumtastic lazo!!!

SickoRicko said...

Very interesting post! Overall I'm satisfied with my cock, but DO fantasize about 25-30% bigger.

Mistress Maddie said...

To be honest, I have 7 1/2" and perfectly happy with it. Its well proportioned, nice head , nice thickness, and larger low hangers. I wouldn't change a thing. But I do admit to liking and enjoyed large cocks. I love to see the heft of them. Drives me crazy.

Unknown said...

I was always happy with mine! Never told that it was too small!

Semper Veri said...

Wanted to share a quick story.

Thankfully I have never had a complaint about my average size penis. A few nights ago I had a guy over to mess around. He happened to have the biggest penis I have ever personally seen. I'm talking practical joke big. It made mine look small in comparison. After stroking his penis with my hand, when I grabbed mine it felt as if there was almost nothing there! We only had plans to jerk each other off and after seeing the size of that... I'm glad he didn't think he was going to do anything else with it cuz I don't have a place for anything close to that size. LOL.

JeanWM said...

I think proportions seem to fit here too. Do penis sizes seem to correlate to body size? It just appears to be, so maybe shoe and hand size got into the mix. I know exceptions.... Is shape and size inherited? Too small may be an issue for some women but too big can also.

Mark Greene said...

So many men AND women are so wrapped up in penis size. I know gay men especially are obsessed with the size of their penis but even more so the size of their sex partner's. What about hook ups is the guys that claim to have a big penis and only claim to top and its so small he can't even gt it in. NOT FUN! I can deal with small penises but don't get me riled up for something you can't deliver.

Now on the other hand if the guy has a small penis and we don't discuss who's top, whose bottom and things just happen that we get naked I don't have any problems discovering a small package.

What attracts me is the masculinity of a man, his virility and often times his more sensitive traits. its his sexy way he handles himself. Its the sexy way he handles me that makes a good time. I've been with a guy with a small dick that was miniature. Because I usually top I sometimes desire a switch. He told me he was a top but was very honest about his size. He never penetrated me but I had the best time playing with him.

The difference between someone who brags about their size and don't have nothing to show for it and someone who is honest is the fact that you aren't dis appointed because you already knew what was up. anyway this is a longer response than I expected it to be. I am definitely going to have to do a post on my blog about this. Thanks a million Big Whk for opening the dialog.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - According to my doc, who is a geneticist, size and shape are very much a part of genetics and inherited. Never saw my father naked - ever! But my brother was extremely well-hung, to the point women would shy away from him. According to my doc, I didn't grow as large due to two childhood illnesses - but I'm still well above average. And, maybe that's a good thing!

Fit Studs said...

Well, hello there Doctor... I could use a hand! :D