Friday, July 7, 2017

A Long, Strange Journey

Remember the guy from last year who helped his friend through the wife's death, only to be shut out because they ended up having a sexual encounter the night of her death?
2

3
4

5

6

Several readers asked if I'd heard anything more. I hadn't, so I wrote and asked.
"Thanks for asking me to follow-up. It's been a long and very strange journey, really. I'd been offered a job out of state and was leaning toward taking it. I just couldn't take being that close and not seeing them except from a distance. Being far away would make it easier. It was just before Christmas that the twins texted me and asked why I was mad at them. It broke my heart. I missed them, and I missed my friend. I tried to come up with a gentle way to tell them that it wasn't me, it was their dad. I spent days thinking about what to say that wouldn't put their dad in a bad light. He wasn't the bad guy, he was hurting and scared.
Anyway, the kids and I texted back and forth for a couple of weeks. Two days before the holiday, my friend called and said the boys were asking about me and would I come for Christmas for dinner. I splurged on gifts for the twins and bought one for my friend.
It was strained and awkward at first. I was the last to leave that night (I even got to put the twins to bed!), and went to shake his hand and thank him for having me over. He grabbed my hand, pulled me into a bear hug, and told me how much he missed me, that he loved me, and how sorry he was for the way he'd been. I couldn't stop crying. And, then, it happened again. It felt to good, so normal, so natural.
So life is back to normal - with a bit of a twist. Last month he asked me to sell my house and move in. The twins were thrilled, and so was I. So, I want to thank all your readers who gave me guidance to wait it out, to give him time to heal. I still read your blog every day. Thank you for what you do."





7

8

9

10

11

12

13
So, happy weekend, everyone!
(Don't know why the email text turned all wonky - I can't seem to correct it.)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the update and the great work you do with your blog. Wm

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! So good to hear. Great way to start the weekend. I hope all is well with you and your, bro. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Unknown said...

Another great post! So pleased for those two guys and the twins! Do hope it will be a wonderful life for them. The celebrations went very well - great meal too - not many speeches! Have a restful weekend! Hugs! The Old Guy!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see resolution. I think a lot of guys are just afraid "Okay, this is officially a weird movie with subtitles." It scares them.

JeanWM said...

It's always amazing when people show courage. When you get up in years you want to be able to look back and feel you did the things that you wanted to do. Good message to start the weekend, hugs and bisous.

Xersex said...

very happy for them!!!

SickoRicko said...

Amazing and happy!

Hot guys said...

Hey :)

Pretty much enjoyed reading that & seeing the lovely guys! ^_^
So dreamy. Mhmmm!

- Fit Studs

Jeffrey Hamilton said...

Totally amazing resolution. The fact that the two boys are "thrilled" is even more amazing -and wonderful. This blog does a power of good.

whkattk said...

@ Jeffrey - Thank you, kind sir!

whkattk said...

@ Jean - Yes, aging has a way of making you look back and ask yourself if there are any regrets. At this point, I have none. Well, maybe the first marriage...but everything since has been spot on! Especially with people such as yourself! Hugs et bisous!

Anonymous said...

Well, like the song says...

Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien
C'est payé, balayé, oublié
Je ne fou du passé

Anonymous said...

Wow! Number 5 is particularly beautiful. And the story's ending was wonderful. I didn't think happy endings exited anymore. I love your site. Mark at The Treasure Trail.