Monday, March 4, 2019

Long and Happy

I'd like to add some to the answers provided to the question posed on Friday.

All the readers who answered were spot on. Particularly Bryn and Bruce, who indicated there is a lot of give and take in a relationship. Marriage takes compromise in all aspects of living together. Sex and money are the top two issues which cause break-ups. Budget together, and learn that there will be many, many times you won't be on the same page when it comes to sex. 

If you are equal partners - meaning you both have permission to initiate - there will be times when the tables are turned. Men aren't the "ready and willing at all times" animals of myth.

The key compromise is masturbation. Yes, married guys jerk off. There's nothing wrong about it and I hope your wife understands that. 

The same goes for you - women masturbate and you should understand that and be good with it.
I hope you had the chance to see the responses and take care of yourself.



Here's to a long and happy marriage for you!

9 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Always good advice!

Anonymous said...

Good answer my friend. I agree. Masturbating can fill the holes in a relationship. As you said, both partners should make a thing of masturbating at least once a week together. Thus accepting the fact that they do it. then going solo to explore yourself more fully. Respecting each other for his private time alone.

Xersex said...

you seem to be better!

Mistress Maddie said...

Alot to be learned in this post. People have to get over masturbation is some way cheating. It isn't. If a partner is too tired or not feeling sexual...its not fair the other can't masturbait.

Your French Patrick said...

"Here's to a long and happy marriage for you!"
For me?
Being 73 years old, single from birth and throughout my life, I can not imagine a future "long and happy marriage".
Exception that does not detract from the veracity of your statements.
Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

Anonymous said...

I have a question that as a gay man I don't know the answer. In straight marriages/relationships, is there a stigma to being open about masterbating? Does the other partner feel that they are not doing what they should do and there is guilt? Is it that they feel that their partner is fantasizing about someone else when they masterbate? I am curious because in all of my gay relationships, we both freely masterbated.

JeanWM said...

It’s always about communications isn’t it? Come on folks you really ought to be able to accomplish quiet sex for a change. He just needs to do a little more selling the idea. Hugs and bisous.

AOM SoulFood said...

Such a great place to get help. Thanks for making the world a better place. I hope you and yours are doing well, my Friend. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

whkattk said...

@ Gabriel - That's a good question. Perhaps it needs to be a post....