Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Follow Up

 

A follow-up to Friday's Buddy Ball Check post is in order.



Reader's comments brought some very important points. Which is why I love all my Readers who leave comments.

Anonymous said: Absolutely right: any trace of blood, see a doctor! I had been producing less cum than before, but i put that down to my age (70). Then on TWO consecutive occasions i noticed blood in the jizz, so i went to my doc. Could have been simply a leaky in a capillary, i know, but (long story short) tests proved it to be prostate cancer, and i had an operation to completely remove the whole prostate and seminal vesicles. Am SO glad i didn't ignore those traces of blood !!

Cale said: Hematospermia (the technical term for this phenomenon) is far more often benign, especially in younger men in whom it may occur spontaneously, than it is a sign of serious disease. Even so, concerned persons should seek appropriate attention. I say this not to dismiss potential problems but to reassure and assuage undue alarm. But when in doubt, check it out.

BWC said: Actually, even if you have sustained trauma to the testes, if your semen is pink or brown get it checked out. Even testicular micro-trauma can end up with ischaemia and/or Fournier's gangrene.

All very good points. Every once in a while it is a good idea to make an effort to check your cum.


This WebMD article, "Blood in Semen" from Nov. 2021 has some excellent information. Particularly important is:

"For men younger than 40 with no related symptoms and no risk factors for underlying medical conditions, blood in semen often disappears on its own.

But for men 40 and over, chances are higher that blood in the semen needs evaluation and treatment. "

I've suggested ejaculating onto something white in order to better detect strains of red.



But the article suggests a condom is also a good way to collect the semen.




Whatever method you choose, make it a point to do it once in a while. Heck, you could even make it a team effort.




16 comments:

Hooter from Owls Rest said...

Thank you for your helpful information on sexual health. It has made me much more aware of things to look for that cold be a sign of a problem.

Mistress Maddie said...

Sharing is caring!

Cale said...

What I appreciate so much about our host’s efforts here—vital information on men’s sexual health, honestly presented. Too much in the current culture tears men down. An educational and supportive site like this builds men up.

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough I had the same problem when I hit 50. Naturally I booked an appointment with a urologist and had a work up done because pink semen wasn’t a good sign for any guy over 50. It turns out that my antidepressant ( Prozac) was the problem because I wasn’t having sex/masturbating for months at a time. And when I tried to climax, the Prozac blocked that too. The urologist told me that the left over semen had crystallized and the new semen was causing slight damage that wasn’t a real problem if I started masterbating several times and day to clear up the pink stuff. He then said that I needed to masterbate at least twice a week to avoid something like that happening again.

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough I had the same problem when I hit 50. Naturally I booked an appointment with a urologist and had a work up done because pink semen wasn’t a good sign for any guy over 50. It turns out that my antidepressant ( Prozac) was the problem because I wasn’t having sex/masturbating for months at a time. And when I tried to climax, the Prozac blocked that too. The urologist told me that the left over semen had crystallized and the new semen was causing slight damage that wasn’t a real problem if I started masterbating several times and day to clear up the pink stuff. He then said that I needed to masterbate at least twice a week to avoid something like that happening again.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

So life starts at forty, no?
Blood is ALWAYS scary though....

XOXO

Xersex said...

love the glass tables covered by cum.
obviously anyone who finds blood in his semen or piss must run to the doctor

Big Dude said...

A masseur who jerked me off called attention to blood in my jizz. The doc said he was glad I checked with him. It turned out not to be anything malignant, and after two ejaculations with a bit of blood, and some medication, it has never recurred. Guys, don't take chances. Blood in your sploot warrants a check up.

whkattk said...

@ Anon - Now there's another issue I was not aware of. Important information for men on meds like that. Cause for another post on why masturbation is good and necessary for men's health. Thank you!

whkattk said...

@ Hooter - Thank you for reading and contributing!

whkattk said...

@ Cale - Aw, thanks! It's true, though, that the pendulum has swung a bit too far.

whkattk said...

@ Six - more like life's issues start at 40! LOL. XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Maddie - Uh, yeah!!

uptonking said...

I've only had issues after incidents of extreme physical trauma to the region.

SickoRicko said...

Never neglect your stuff!

whkattk said...

@ Rick - Amen, brother, amen.