Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Your Takeaway

 

Yesterday's follow-up brought about more information that may be useful.

Anonymous said: Strangely enough I had the same problem when I hit 50. Naturally I booked an appointment with a urologist and had a work up done because pink semen wasn’t a good sign for any guy over 50. It turns out that my antidepressant ( Prozac) was the problem because I wasn’t having sex/masturbating for months at a time. And when I tried to climax, the Prozac blocked that too. The urologist told me that the left over semen had crystallized and the new semen was causing slight damage that wasn’t a real problem if I started masterbating several times and day to clear up the pink stuff. He then said that I needed to masterbate at least twice a week to avoid something like that happening again.





According to "Managing Antidepressant Sexual Side Effects" over at Healthline, SSRIs, such as Prozac, can drastically diminish libido, causes difficulty in getting hard, and can be the culprit of either delayed ejaculation or completely blocking the ability.  Typically, any sperm or semen not released during ejaculation is absorbed by the body.



Finding that your cum is a bit "lumpy" is not unusual. That can be caused by a lack of ejaculation and / or dehydration. But, according to this article by National Institutes of Health (NIH)  crystals in the cum can also stem from ureic acid mixing with prostate fluid. This is generally caused by prostatitis (prostate infection). And that can be caused by or attributed to a lack of ejaculation.



Your takeaway should be: Stay hydrated.



And follow the doctor's instructions.



13 comments:

Your French Patrick said...

I have never experienced these malfunctions but your answers seem convincing to me.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.
Have a wondrous day.

uptonking said...

I love following my doctor's advice! What a wonderful way to stay healthy.

Mistress Maddie said...

I was wondering about guys and what would happen if they didn't jack off for a period of time for whatever reason. Whether I'm horny or not, if I don't have sex that day , I always jack off at least once a day. Just to keep things moving and cleaned out.

whkattk said...

@ Maddie - Twice per week is adequate, but every day is the best way to ensure the pipes stay flowing.

SickoRicko said...

You always have great advice.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohhh fuck Prozac and any antidepressant. I was in a relationship with someone who stopped taking his because he wanted so bad to fuck me and that fucked him over. Ugh.
But yeah, spanking that monkey regularly is actually good for your health!

XOXO

JeanWM said...

I wonder how many men don't know this simple guideline. What should be considered common knowledge has probably been drowned out by those who consider masturbation sinful. Hugs and bisous.

Uncle Vic said...

...and learn how to spell masturbate...

Anon said...

Semen crystals? Talk about Mohs scale of hardness.

But seriously, it's sugar water for the most part; of course it can crystallize. (Think rock candy, pure sucrose crystal.)

whkattk said...

@ Jean - The idea that it's sinful should've been shed decades ago. But, alas! it sticks with some and gets passed on down the line. Hugs and bisous.

Xersex said...

what precious posts you publish!

Etre Nu partout (2) said...

Et bien merci ! merci pour ces infos. Je ne connaissais pas les effets secondaires du Prozac sur notre libido, et l'intérêt de se masturber régulièrement. Si un jour je dois traverser de telles périodes je penserai à tes conseils :))

SteveXS said...

Wishing you healing in every way. BTW, Big Whack Attack always gets me up and going!