Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wiener Wisdom

Kind words in a comment left by a follower – who happens to be a single mom: I want you to know how very much I appreciate your blog. Not only does it give me additional insight into the males I adore, as a single mom I also receive excellent knowledge to pass on to my young son.
Thank you for your well-informed, straightforward, unabashed information. ;)
Brava for sharing the information with your son, and thank you for letting me know about it!
That is what this blog is all about and the comments let me know I’m doing my job! Getting folks to understand the importance of learning about the male apparatus; being more open and honest about the stuff that hangs between a man’s legs – well, that is, when it’s not standing up. When I was growing up, despite my mother’s acceptance of her sons’ morning wood, these kinds of things were never discussed. Anatomy and sex were off limits and as a result all three of us kids grew up thinking our bodies were dirty and shameful. The only “talk” our father ever had regarding the topic was from the end of a leather razor strap when he’d discovered my brother jacking off. The only mentions of male genitalia from my mother were: “You shouldn’t wear such tight pants; you want everyone to see what you’ve got?” and “I swear, if you ever get a girl pregnant, I’ll cut it off!”
How encouraging, eh?
It wasn’t until I’d left home for the military that I began to understand my cock was not unique, its behavior not odd (mutual jacking off with my brother and our buddies not-withstanding).
Even my current in-laws, who are quite open now that their children are grown and married, couldn’t bring themselves to discuss things with their sons when they were teens. That little job got foisted onto my wife. We hadn’t been married long when my mother-in-law complained of her youngest son “ruining good hand towels because he uses them to clean up after he’s done masturbating,” and she couldn’t bring herself to ask him to use old towels instead. My wife volunteered.
It was a very simple, short conversation. “Hey, mom was too afraid to say anything about this. But you need to stop using her good towels after you jack off. The cum leaves stains.” His response: “Oh, okay.”
Now how difficult was that? A few weeks later, the wife asked her mom if the problem had been resolved. “Yes, thank you! I just couldn’t talk to him – it was too embarrassing; and your father refused.”
Good grief, yet another father who refused to teach his male kids about what to expect from, and how to handle, their cocks; an all-too-common scenario. And for the life of me, I still cannot understand why!

My goal here is to reduce the level of men’s shame over what nature provided, to understand how they work, why they do what they do, what can go wrong – and hopefully how to fix it if and when something does go haywire – and how to embrace and enjoy them; to get women to understand that we guys have a special relationship with our packages, one that started when we were toddlers and being potty trained, and some of the reasons (both mental and physical) behind what we do with them.
We’ll all live happier, healthier lives if we can just embrace the facts and not be ashamed, embarrassed, or afraid to talk about them.

4 comments:

Rubio said...

It's just so important that we try and raise our kids in a sex positive environment where there is open communication and that kids are not taught to believe that there is something dirty or wrong about our sexuality. Actually, we should encourage our kids to explore their sexuality in responsible ways, and there is no better, more responsible way for a child to explore their sexuality than by masturbating. We should really help them on the path to understanding their sexuality by giving them whatever they need (especially privacy, but also maybe literature, lubes or whatever) to help them enjoy this healthy outlet. Also, there is nothing wrong with kids of the same sex masturbating together if they want to. Sex is a big part of the joy of life, and we should want our kids to have this joy. Just my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great job. Thanks

whkattk said...

Rubio - great comments! And I agree it's up to all of us to encourage open communication with kids.

whkattk said...

Thanks, Anon! Appreciate the props - and thanks for reading!