Friday, January 19, 2018

What's Your Frequency?

We've all read, or heard about, the studies regarding prostate cancer and the frequency of ejaculation. How frequent is sufficient?
The Harvard study (2004) suggests 21 times per month reduced the risk by 20%. An Australian study suggests 7 times a week or, why didn't they just say it, every day reduces the risk by 36%. Cum every day? Break a guy's heart, right?
2
But, it appears that some articles are pulling another old study from 2008, which indicated that a man's age matters. The claim is that after age 50, when most men begin to develop prostate cancer, is the time men should begin concentrating on cumming more frequently.
3

4

5
But, the correlation between prostate cancer and frequent masturbation seems to have become an area of interest. A 2016 study looking for evidence of effect has found:
"Findings included relations among masturbation, ejaculation frequency, and age range as individual factors of PCa risk. No universally accepted themes were identified across the study sample. Throughout the sample, there was insufficient agreement in survey design and data reporting. Potential avenues for new research include frequency of ejaculation and age range as covarying factors that could lead to more definitive statements about masturbation practice and PCa risk."
6

7

8
So, the suggestion is to run new, more controlled studies to discover how much ejaculation via masturbation might help to reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
9
I'm going to jump out on a limb and say that, in addition to any partner sex, men should jack off at least twice per week.
10

11

B
What's your frequency?

21 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Unfortunately, only about three times a month.

Xersex said...

average: twice per week!

Unknown said...

83 now and no cancer so far! You know my history of botched second TURP! Hot days returning here. Have a restful weekend if you can.

Anonymous said...

Average 3 or 4 times per week.

sstax said...

average 5 to 6 times a week.. nearly everyday.

Tex said...

Best guess is about five times a week.

Anonymous said...

Three or four times a week. - Dad

Anonymous said...

ha! every day at least 2 times. and i know dad goes at it on weekends (hey, Dad) - the R's (cuz i'm writing for both of us)

Adam said...

Twice a week is my masturbation routine. On special weeks when I have partner sex, that's a bonus.

Mistress Maddie said...

If I here by myself, I am always a morning and night person, like clockwork. But if the Lad is here then only in the morning and usually sex with him later.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I probably average five times a week. Even if there is no correlation proven with the frequency of ejaculation compared to prostate cancer, it could not hurt to try to ejaculate a number of times each week for medicinal purposes.

Anonymous said...

I'm single and have no partnered sex. Every day i have some "play time" with my cock, but not letting myself cum every time. I ejaculate on average twice each week.

However, particularly in the summer, i notice that sometimes one ejaculation leads me to go for another one later in the same day or the very next day. So at those times i cum maybe 4 times in a week !

Fullmoonma said...

My practice is to masturbate almost every day but only ejaculate every 3 weeks or so. After I ejaculate I lose erotic charge for 3 or 4 days, so ejaculating twice a week would doom me to live in a chronically uncharged state, assuming I could achieve that frequency. We all have to pay attention to our bodies and keep erotic energy flowing. Tantric wisdom is that at my age (75) it's best to retain erotic charge. At the same time, it's good to have regular prostate exams to catch things early if they go wrong. And if you can ejaculate frequently go for it!

that one guy said...

Every 5 days or so. So far this year I've only cum twice --- that really needs to change :-P

Anonymous said...

I'm currently 72 years old, I cum at least once a day, and have been doing so since I was a teenager. For my 70th birthday a ejaculated 7 times. On occasion I have wet dreams at night, maybe 4-5 times a year.

Your French Patrick said...

It's only when I want and can at the same time. I have no prescription of my doctor prescribing me how often I have to do it. It occurs when it occurs, and I collect no statistical data.

I wish you a great weekend, my darlings Jean and Pat. Love, hugs and bisous.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Great blog bro. Interesting post. I practice Mindful Masturbation, so maybe once a month is fine with me. When we look at the ancient Taoíst practices the taught that loosing you're load depletes one of his sexual energy. Personally I prefer the full body dry orgasm, but once in a while cleaning out the pipe's give's such a profoundly powerful orgasm that cannot be compared to a daily ejaculation. Thank you. Love Taotrojan.

Rad said...

Well, I am overweight, more or less sedimentary and in my mid-late 50's. I am striving for, minimally, once a week. I am now of the mindset that if I wake up at 4AM with a hard-on, I take care it rather than ignore it.

whkattk said...

@ R Rad - I hope you will continue in that mindset. And, if in an appropriate location, allow yourself to do so during waking hours.

Anonymous said...

@ R - You know I can answer for myself! ;-) And, I did - even before you chimed in. - Dad

Anonymous said...

Maybe once a month or two.