Tuesday, August 14, 2018

On Age and Saggy Balls

Old man saggy balls. Is it normal?
According to this article in Healthline the answer is - kind of.
In response to an email asking about this: As we age, skin loses elasticity. And the ballsac is skin. But, we also typically lose muscle tone. And there are muscles surrounding your balls that elevate them when they get cold, for safety in preparation for "fight or flight," and pull the testicles up and squeeze them when we ejaculate to move sperm into the seminal vesicles (where our little swimmers mature and wait their turn to be loosed upon the world).

Some men have what are referred to as "low hangers." While many men wish they had them, it's not always a good thing. A young friend of mine has suffered testicular trauma when he sat on nuts trying to get into the car. He has to hold them up with one hand when he sits on a toilet to keep them from dipping into the water. He has to be aware of them when he lies down and rolls from one side to the other in bed.

Some guys, weary of dealing with saggy balls, are opting for Scrotoplasty, a cosmetic surgery that lifts and tightens the sac and the Cremaster muscles. If a urologist can convince the insurance company that there is an issue with quality of life it's possible the procedure might be (at least partially) covered.




My young friend is the perfect candidate for scrotoplasty because needing to be cognizant of the position of his balls actually disturbs his sleep.

10 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Your posts are always so informative!

AOM SoulFood said...

Howdy Bro! Good info! I love when it is warm and my balls hang low but I wouldn't want them to hang so low that they could get injured. YIKES! I hope you are practicing the medical procedure we discussed on AOM to help with that chronic condition of morning wood. Twice on Tuesday is really good! : ) Have a super play balls day! Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Unknown said...

Never had those worries! Not even now at 84!

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh great.....is this what I have to look forward too?!?!?!?

JeanWM said...

If this is a real issue with you and you go to a either a family doctor or a urologist, based on their past experience, they could give you a good idea if insurance will cover it. And if it truly is a real problem, don’t wait, check with your doctor. It may be a very very simple procedure and you won’t be sorry you didn’t have it done sooner. Hugs and Bisous.

Anonymous said...

Quite insightful. I hope your friend benefits from the procedure.

John said...

I do love the look of some low hangers, but there is a happy medium, I'm sure. Mine, unfortunately are high and tight most of the time which I find annoying, especially in the locker room. It makes me look like I've got a half erection when its just my balls lifting up my penis.

whkattk said...

@ john - mine are so small that I don't look like I have a boner But I feel your pain because you simply can't see my balls at all unless you really look.

that one guy said...

Now that I'm in my 50's, my "high and tight" balls are FINALLY starting to hang lower. So far I love it, but I've always been an admirer of low hangers. It's kind of fun to have an excuse to give your balls a little bit of a tug every time you sit down, although there's the accompanying risk of discomfort if you forget :-/


(I learned this lesson in my life as a performing musician. After the intermission, the conductor comes out onstage to conduct Brahms' 1st Symphony and gestures for the orchestra to stand up. When I sit back down I realize I'm sitting on my balls a little bit, but I don't have the nerve to reach down & adjust them in front of 1500 people. So the next 45 minutes are spent shifting my weight very carefully from side to side while also playing one of the great art works of western civilization. Funny story, but it did teach me a lesson.)

whkattk said...

@ that one guy - If you adjust as you sit it should pretty much go by unnoticed. But, no man should have to endure that kind of discomfort. I say, adjust as needed. Men have "parts" and those parts take up space; there's no reason for you to be embarrassed by that.