Thursday, October 4, 2018

Not Every Erection

Don't know what got me to thinking about this. Maybe waking up with morning wood - a treat since boners are so rare to begin with for me.
The difference between arousal and an erection.



 

Guys' cocks get hard so many times in a 24-hour period, you'd think we lived to cum. In the "Truth is stranger than fiction" category, 99% of the boners have nothing to do with sex. It's something we figure out beyond our teen years of dealing with that perpetual hard-on when we try to figure out what just caused our cock to get hard.
One afternoon, a number of years ago before the Muscular Dystrophy struck full-on, my wife and I sat at the pool steps with our feet in the water, just relaxing and talking.
At one point, she asks, "What are you thinking about?"
Nothing in particular, why?
"Look at your dick."
Huh. It does that all the time. In a minute or two it'll just go limp.
Same thing once while we were driving into California. The vibrations of the road working magic on the prostate: boner.
In the shower. A really urgent need to to piss.

When did you finally realize not every erection was about sex?

12 comments:

SickoRicko said...

So long ago that I don't remember. (Something else that comes with "maturity".)

Xersex said...

you're right. But it doesn't happen to me to have a boner if not for sex!

that one guy said...

About age 14 or 15 I guess... once the novelty of boners wore off

Rad said...

Not into water sports, but I think watching a guy take a piss is just about as hot as watching a guy cum.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ha! I agree with the driving boner. It's happened ^_^

AOM SoulFood said...

I gotta boner to pick with you! Dicks go limp???? : ) Great info, buddy! So true. Spent FIVE (5) FIVE HOURS getting my computer back to the earlier version - BUT HURRAY! My computer is issue is solved for the next couple of months. This constant every 6 month upgrade for Windows 10 is really bad and scary. I hope you continue to heal, my Friend. Wishing you a wonderful day. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

FRENCH PATRICK said...

Boners are like snowflakes — no two are alike. A boner is typically due to sexual arousal (physical or mental), although boners can occur for other reasons.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

Mistress Maddie said...

Probably in my 20's. And your right , while not every hard on is sexual, I do like the feeling of a hard on while walking down the street or sitting at work sometimes. But then after several erections, I do start to get horny then....

Anonymous said...

For me, I think it was probably in college when I realized that erections were not always about horniness. I guess maybe during those teen years, you just assume that it is horniness because once you start getting hard, it was thoughts of sex (and naked men in my case). Of course that made the erection even harder! Definitely fun to think back to those days to answer your question.

JeanWM said...

I suspect this is mother nature’s effort to make sure the population didn’t disappear. So those guys who frequently got erections were the ones who survived. Hugs and bisous.

Fullmoonma said...

My first "sex" was an awesome blow job 20 years after my first hardon. Hardons before then were an often welcome but sometimes inconvenient facet of who I was - now I finally appreciated what they could achieve in sensation and connection!

Anonymous said...

My first memory is actually riding down the road in Grandpa's pickup. The bumpy ride have me my first (dry) orgasm.