Monday, October 1, 2018

Grooming

A question about grooming hit my inbox only a few days after an article about pubic grooming. What more sign is needed than that?

"I was reading the other day about hair on the shaft of the dick and balls. Whereas hairy balls are something that we can relate to more easily (although generally we see clean ballsacks on pictures), it seems more uncommon (or is it?) to have hair on the shaft. Could you talk about that on a post?
In addition, I’d like to say something I was thinking about and I think it relates to this subject as well: when there are buddies naked together, we’ve learned to not be shameful about our bodies, ok, but in a way there might still be something that is socially imposed that makes us believe there’s something wrong with looking. I was thinking how healthy it would be if we weren’t scared of looking and pointing out “oh, you’ve got hair on the shaft” and that being alright. When I think of this scenario, first I think it would be as if the guy was judging the other for having the “wrong” genetics, but if it’s done without judgement and even curiosity, it must be a truly male bonding experience! - H"



When you hit the gym locker room you've probably noticed some of the dudes have manscaped. 


Approximately 50% of men admit to some degree of manscaping. To shave, to wax, to sugar (a form of waxing only with melted sugar), to pluck the pubic area is truly a personal choice. 

But...guys should at least be removing the hair from the shaft of the cock. Hair does grow along the shaft to varying degrees. It can be quite the irritant during penetrative activity.
My own grooming began many years ago. It's cooler. Less sweat means less itch. Less itch means less groping and scratching. I opted for laser hair removal from the shaft and scrotum. It was fast, pretty painless and, after 7 treatments, permanent. But, it can be pricey, though there are now home laser systems. There is no need to go "full Monty" on your pubes, either. You can remove the hair from cock and sac, trim the bush a bit and leave the rest of your body natural.
I use a beard trimmer (rather than scissors) with a length guide to keep the rest at about 5/8".
For a full explanation of different styles of manscaping the pubes and options for safely accomplish it, read the Healthline article "Manscaping Guide to Healthy, Well-Groomed Pubic Hair."
As far as guys being comfortable enough to talk to one another about genital issues, well, that's another post.




15 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I do personally like when guys keep a nice clean ,shaved home so to speak. Nothing worst then plucking hairs during a oral session.

AOM SoulFood said...

Very good info, bro. I agree with the e-mail - guys should feel free to look and discuss - open communications help keep us normal and natural without all the ridiculous fears. I hope your health is continuing to improve. Wishing you all the very best, my Friend. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Xersex said...

I love my dick shaved ...

Unknown said...

Always manscaped when I was active! Now only in summer for comfort.

FRENCH PATRICK said...

The only advantage that we had by shaving our pubic hairs has been to eradicate the crab louses, what was not the sought purpose.
Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

Anonymous said...

I am one to keep my balls smooth and I don't have any hair on my shaft. I tried the no pubes look one time and I did not like it for me. Maybe that is TMI, but I felt like it is OK to share. :-)

SickoRicko said...

Terrific post! The link was an interesting article, too.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I'm with you with the trimmers and a some manscaping. It's pleasant and practical!!

JeanWM said...

Good grooming is important all over! Body, hair, nails, teeth, etc. clean, just a sign that you care about yourself and who you are with. For us women, it doesn’t have to be complicated, in fact I’m not a big fan of the no-hair look for male or female.

It is so good to have our dear French Patrick giving his daily wisdom as only a French man can.

Pat, I hope you have a good day planned for your birthday! Another year is a good year!!

John said...

this is one of those topics where it pays to be gay and/or have gay friends. I think we're a little more open about discussing our bodies. Even the straight guys in the group have opened up about it, although they are noticeably more reserved and hesitant to bring it up. My friends and I have all had this grooming discussion to some extent and among our group we have some who shave their entire bodies and hate all body hair to some who don't don't anything with a razor. It all comes down to personal choice, of course, but shouldn't be a taboo topic.

Fullmoonma said...

I'm with you! Keep shaft plucked because hair can be irritating during the long masturbation sessions that are central to my erotic life. Clip balls and cock root to about 1/4"every couple of weeks to control itch. I also like the visual result! Fully denuded pubes look a little odd to me, but smooth skin feels great when I massage it.

Anonymous said...

Here's a question i would have liked to been able to discuss with someone when I was younger: In the photo immediately below the "My own grooming..." paragraph, look at the glans. See the line of red down the middle? What causes that?

whkattk said...

@ Gabriel - Not TMI. We ***should*** be able to share info like that, without shame or being embarrassed.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - You remembered! Thank you. I'm awful with remembering birthdays and stuff - I know French Patrick's is coming up soon - but can't remember the date.

whkattk said...

@ Anon - I'm going to guess that red line was caused by an underwear pouch seam. Some of these men's underwear designers don't *think* before putting something out on the market. If they were smart, they'd have guys test them and make suggestions for adjustments before they went to mass market.