Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Light and Breezy

 

Well, holy shit. 50mph winds last night. All night. Surprised I didn't lose any trees. Thought I'd be spending the morning cleaning up debris...





until the wind kicked up again.

What to do while I wait?

Stephen King's newest book in his Hard Case Crime collection (3, so far), available directly through Titan Books.

Some people think he's a terrible writer. I happen to disagree. This one, about a young man who sees dead people for the first few days after their death, is written rather breezily; stream of consciousness. It's an easy read. I'm about 1/4 of the way through and enjoying it a lot.




The character's mom is a literary agent.
He learned about sex and jacking off by reading his mother's clients books.

😁

See? Light and breezy reading.

12 comments:

SickoRicko said...

I don't know about King's books lately, but the older ones had just too many words. I felt the story would not have suffered if he had cut out 30% of them. Love the GIF!

Hot guys said...

The book sounds interesting, even though I'm not crazy about reading 'em 😏🤷‍♂️

uptonking said...

That book cover looks like classic pulp fiction! Nice. Hope you're feeling good. And... did you know it's national umbrella month? So... that first pic. Spot on.

Your French Patrick said...

AOM also used to devote time to his garden. Up to the point of skipping a day of updating from time to time..

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

JeanWM said...

That is what I have enjoyed the most during this pandemic, catching up on book reading. I've even taken a whole series and read them a second time. Something I never would ever have done before. I'm actually thinking of dropping Netflix, so many books so little time.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Whoa! That's breezy all right.
Glad you didn't lose any trees.
And I like Stephen King. I've read most everything he's published except the Gunslinger series. I got fed up.
This one sounds fun...

And that last gif? Love it. I love one handed reading.

XOXO

Xersex said...

nice pics

whkattk said...

@ Rick - these are short...this one is about 250 pages.

whkattk said...

@ Upton - leave it to King to mash the genres. It is kind of pulpy, kind of horror, kind of paranormal, kind of...humorous. Kisses!

whkattk said...

@ Six - I hated the Gunslinger series, too. My wife loved it. Go figure.... XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Jean - Which series did you reread????? Reading is one of my all-time past times. But I don't think I could give up my Netflix. Hugs and bisous.

Anonymous said...

I could make a joke about Stephen King learning about sex. (Yes, I'm referring to the orgy in It.)