From Wikipeadia: "According to Anthony Tribe, a scholar of Buddhist Tantra, Tantra has the following defining features:
- Centrality of ritual, especially the worship of deities
- Centrality of mantras
- Visualisation of and identification with a deity
- Need for initiation, esotericism and secrecy
- Importance of a teacher (guru, ācārya)
- Ritual use of mandalas (maṇḍala)
- Transgressive or antinomian acts
- Revaluation of the body
- Revaluation of the status and role of women
- Analogical thinking (including microcosmic or macrocosmic correlation)
- Revaluation of negative mental states"
The one we concentrate on in Tantric Yoga, Massage, and Masturbation is Number 9 - Revaluation of the body. Here in western countries, according to the isha sadghuru, tantra has actually been hi-jacked and presented in such a way that it is supposed to mean uninhibited sex.
I disagree with their assessment. We actually specifically accentuate only a sense of the erotic.
The idea is not to reach orgasm - though it is not uncommon nor rejected or thought of in a negative way - the idea is to focus our thoughts and energies to the erogenous zones of the body; to wake them.
Today, we'll begin with Tantric Yoga. Many, if not all, Naked Yoga class websites have a FAQ wherein they address the fear factor many men have: What if I get an erection?
Well, it happens. Nobody cares; shrug it off and continue with the postures.
But in Tantric Yoga an erection (clitoris or penis) is not only welcome, it is sought after. It's proof of the goal: To focus the mind and energy, and wake those areas, become fully aware of them, and open them to possibility.
When we become aware of the eroticism within ourselves, we learn to accept it, and then (hopefully) ultimately embrace it. If we can embrace the erotic within ourselves, we are more apt to enjoy and share it with our partners.
After some warm-up, and individual postures, many Tantric Yoga postures are done with a fellow student.
Group poses will wind things down.