Friday, June 28, 2019

No Clue

Imagine being 24, in college, and no idea about sex. Not even the simple basics of human anatomy and function. In this New York Times article, "Late Bloomer Learning About Birds and Bees in College," sent by Faithful Reader Jean, Eli Reiter details his struggle to learn what many have known for years. (You'll need a free account to read, but it's easy to sign up. Free accounts get you 9 articles per month, I think.)

Many of us had/have parents who won't instruct us, we learn(ed) the basics (maybe) in school or on the street from friends. Eli grew up in Jewish Orthodoxy, went to yeshiva and had no access to the internet, and was lucky to have had a television, something his friends didn't even have.
Imagine going through the teen years having no understanding at all about your body; aching balls and boners that won't quit. 





 Imagine being mid-20's and still not knowing anything about spontaneous hard-ons, morning wood, balls and boners, or ejaculations.




 I find it sad that there are still young people out there who have no clue.
Eli was very brave to have told his story.

6 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Amazing.

Xersex said...

love all here!
happy week end

Mistress Maddie said...

Well my mother wasnt going to tell me anything....it was dads job..and he never did. Thank goodness my neighbor friend on sleep over was the one to tell me and show how to jack off. We did it every chance we had. But I instinctively know to suck cock. Imagine his surprise one night when I went down on him.

Have a great weekend Pat!

Anonymous said...

This story sounds all too familiar. My parents never had any conversations about sex or body functions with me (ever). The first time I ejaculated, it was unexpected, a little painful, and totally terrifying. I truly thought I had broken something, but was afraid to say anything to anyone (this is the first time I’ve even told anyone and obviously I plan to remain anonymous). This probably contributed to me never having a serious relationship with anyone (besides never witnessing a good marriage). The whole concept was just a little too scary. That was about 40 years ago. So, yes, the lack of conversations about sex or at least bodily functions does impact your children, so please make the effort.

Anonymous said...

Actually, it is somewhat disturbing when I really stop and think about being a teenage boy with no clue about my male body or the basic mechanics of human reproduction, until somewhere in my mid to late 20's. Disturbing, by any measure.

I can only conclude it can't be healthy for the male and almost seems to border on abuse. Older boys being ignorant on the topic are missing out on a part of life that all males should have the chance to embrace and understand.

Parents and guardians have to do better than this.....no excuses.....sorry.

Your French Patrick said...

An excellent theme, with text and remarkable images. I am very sensitive to the problems of all kinds that young people have to face, by being too often vulnerable and deprived of the help they need. To the point, sometimes, to be seduced and convicted by sexual predators
Have a great weekend. Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.