Tuesday, June 25, 2019

An Interview

I've read articles - too many, probably - about prostate issues. But, if I don't read, how can I keep you all informed on the latest stuff? 😉
The new AARP magazine came in and there's a wonderful article, written by Clint Carter, that is not only informative but a bit cheeky and funny. (Well, I found it funny, anyway.) Plus, a little bit of humor helps us better ingest information.



Now, there's not much we can do to cease the growth. And, of course, experts tell us guys that if we live long enough we will develop prostate cancer. Then, there's the issue of prostatitis - an inflammation or infection of the prostate. But experts also tell us we can stave off those issues to a degree by more frequent ejaculations.

If any of you men out there needed an excuse.... If you need to convince your partner/spouse, point to the medical experts who, in addition to partner sex, 

encourage us to masturbate regularly for prostate health.



Then go enjoy some "me time."

9 comments:

Your French Patrick said...

A blood test every 6 months or a year, and if the concentration (rate) of PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) is less than 10, there is not too much reason to worry. But some people may be attracted to a digital rectal examination for confirmation.
Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

SickoRicko said...

I've had prostatitis a couple of times in the past, and currently my prostate is enlarged, but it's not causing much trouble - yet.

Yes, that was an informative/humorous article. However, I'm surprised they didn't mention a procedure called TURP. I know several men who have had that done and were glad they did. Link attached:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/turp/about/pac-20384880

AOM SoulFood said...

Thanks for the article! Love the idea of a Naked Flash Mob! Woo Hoo! That would be so much fun. Let's get out there and get some sun on our dicks at the same time! : ) I hope you are doing well, my Friend. Wishing you a bonerfic day! Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Xersex said...

nice interview

JeanWM said...

We all enjoy our “me time“. Set your calendars for July 17th. It’s Mueller Time to testify. Hugs and bisous.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the prostate article. I am not a doctor but had prostate cancer in 2012 and have collected a lot of books, articles, website links, and videos that were helpful to me. I ‘ve sort of gained a reputation as someone to go to for info. I had just written a lengthy email to a friend of a friend who called me earlier today with questions when I saw your post. In spite of the current talk that says that the PSA test is flawed, if a close blood relative like dad, uncle, grandfather, or brother had cancer, get regular digital and PSA exams, especially after 40. My dad caught his too late. I was fortunate that we caught mine and I’ve been cancer free for 7 years. Exercise, eat healthy especially apples with the red peeling, curry and turmeric. These are all good for the prostate.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - May the prosecution gods smile upon that man. He needs to be perfectly forthright in his answers. Not that it will move the needle for any Republican in congress, but it just may open some eyes around the country. Hugs and bisous!

whkattk said...

@ Rick - One must be extremely careful when opting for TURP. A unskilled doctor can cause lifelong problems as my reader Lord Patrick could vouch.

whkattk said...

@ Anon - all very excellent suggestions!