Thursday, October 15, 2020

The Aging Cock

 

I'm loving this spate of questions from readers.

"Seeing some of the questions you’ve posted recently prompted me to send a couple of my own.  As a backdrop, I have a long time male house mate and while we are not a couple, since we’ve been around each other for so long, we are not concerned about being naked around each other or worry about taking matters into our own hands while the other is around.


We recently had to travel to an event and I noticed that my friend was holding his penis at times while sleeping.  I do remember seeing him do this on another trip many years ago, but thought it was a fluke, but now I am thinking that it might be a normal thing for him.  Just curious if other guys do this too?  Maybe I’m the odd one that doesn’t find himself doing this.


Also I’ve always been a grower and he has always been a shower.  We had the opportunity on this trip to stay somewhere that had a secluded private pool and we took advantage of the opportunity to swim and sun in the nude (something we both enjoy but rarely get to do).   Normally we both get a little hard when we get these rare chances, but this time I didn’t even feel like my penis responded at all, which seemed really odd particularly as much as I was enjoying the sun.  Granted we are both in our mid to late 50s now, but if anything, I honestly thought I shrunk a little this time rather than getting hard.  I’ve wondered before if my penis was actually shrinking a little as I was getting older anyway, but I was really surprised by this experience.  Is this a sign of low T?  My friend appears to continue to grow as he gets older.


I’ve thoroughly enjoyed following your blog, because even at my age I’m learning things that I was never taught as a kid by my parents and was too shy to talk about with anyone else.  I believe my life would have been very different if I knew then, what I’ve learned from reading your blog.  Keep up the good work!"

I applaud you both for your ability to be comfortably male; nude and able to masturbate without judgement.


As for holding the cock when sleeping...I think quite a few men do this. I know I do. Not all the time, but sometimes it's just my cock, other times I'll cup my balls, sometimes it's the entire package. Not sure why - but I do.

Getting a semi-hard when sunning/swimming in the nude is perfectly natural. It happens to most if not all guys. It's not necessarily from being naked, it's also the complete relaxation. That it didn't seem to happen this time isn't any cause for concern. Your mind may have been occupied with stuff, preventing the chub.

Shrinkage is usually caused by temperature...or by a sense of fear or dread, like if you unconsciously feared being seen being nude without express permission to do so.

I did a little research on age and shrinkage. Turns out, our balls do shrink but our cocks do not. According to "How Does Your Penis Change As You Age," on WebMD:

"Size: You may notice that it doesn’t seem as large as it used to. The actual size probably hasn’t changed at all. But if you have more fat on the pubic bone just above your penis, that area can sag and make it look smaller.

Shape: For a small number of men, it may curve with age. This can affect its length, girth, and function."

Once you've passed puberty Testosterone (T) levels will not change the size of your cock. So, the difference could be that the two of you have different levels of fat protecting the pubic bone. If he is losing weight, his cock will appear to get longer; if you gain, yours will appear to get shorter.


Thank you for the kind words! It's nice to know that this blog has helped you gain knowledge about your body. I hope it has also instilled a sense of pride in being a male. Because those are the reasons I do this. 
********************************
You really didn't think I would let you off the hook, did you?
BUDDY BALL CHECK
You know what to do.

15 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh I loved this post. The sleeping thing it home for me, as I always do this. Friends laugh when I sleep. Im a back sleeper first and fore most...and I am told I sleep like I'm in a coffin. And all night too. Im not a spreader. Except my arms and hands are not over my chest, there over my cock, cupping it. I thought I was the only odd one. So even in sleep I can't seem to stop feeling myself up, LMAO!!!!!!

SickoRicko said...

This month I remembered without being prodded.

Very good post as usual.

Xersex said...

you have a very interesting blog!

uptonking said...

Fascinating... I think gravity has a lot of influence on our bodies. My balls are frequently hanging lower when in a warm, natural state... although they still respond to temperature and my degree of self-consciousness. But the whole unit seems to be falling forward a bit. Maybe that is my imagination or an actual thing? Hee hee. Great post, Doc.

Your French Patrick said...

OK for the monthly ceremony of the BBC (as the Englishes call it. But for me it will be with no buddy, what is not a problem.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

Adam said...

I'd say my experience matches that of the letter writer. My at-rest penis is definitely shorter, and I can tell because the skin of the shaft is over a portion of my dickhead. This is new for me. I'm mid-60s and circumcised, and until age 62 or so, the head was never covered at all. That's not to say that my penis has shrunk...it's still the same length when erect. But its flaccid state was maybe 3" and now it rests around 2.5". I'm not concerned about it, just aware. When I pee, I now first give it a tug so there's enough to shake with when I'm done.

JeanWM said...

It’s so nice to hear other people say how much they have learned from reading your blog and I will certainly second that.

Hugs and bisous.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I immediately thought about temperature when he mentioned he didn't get a chub. That happens.
And I remember a joke on Queer As Folk that mentioned that being slim makes the dick look bigger.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I don’t hold my cock or my balls in bed, but when i started sleeping nude (summer of 1966, age 15) i would often get an erection in bed, stopping me from falling asleep. So i decided when this happens either to masturbate and cum, or else just not to fret about it – it’s my hard-on and i’m in my bed – no problem! Then i would wrap my hand around my stiff dick and just hold it, and that helped me to go to sleep easily.

whkattk said...

@ Six - Staying slim does make the dick look bigger...as does trimming the hedges. 😁

whkattk said...

@ Rick - I also noticed that you helped spread the word. Thank you! That's what BUDDY ball check means.

@ MFP - See? You don't need a buddy to check your balls to participate in BBC - you need to remind others to check theirs. Hugs and bisous!

whkattk said...

@ Maddie - well, if there isn't another one available....(but we've always known you were a horny cuss). LOL.

Bruce Jensen said...

Hump Day and Buddy Ball Check...2 days in a row...spent yesterday getting hydrated again.😎😎

We are men and our skin loses elasticity as we age. Don't worry about your dick seeming to get smaller...that's gravity. Yes, if we put on weight our cock will seem to get shorter. I put on a lot of weight a few years ago before my hip replacement. When I took the weight off things returned to normal...appearance, hardness, and sex drive. I don't hold my cock or balls when I sleep...they are usually nestled between Bryn's butt cheeks. 😉😉

Old Joke Alert....
Why do men snore when they sleep on their backs?
Their balls drop down in front of their asshole and it creates a vacuum. 🤣🤣

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Anonymous said...

Could there be a connection between those who hold in their sleep and those who don’t to showers and growers?

whkattk said...

@ Anon - Not sure holding ones cock and balls during sleep would have any connection between showing and growing. But, of course, now you've got me curious!