Friday, June 7, 2019

Sex and Heart Attacks

Speaking of heart attacks and sex.... This article by Joe Duncan for Medium, "How a Lack of Sex Can Actually Kill You," kind of proves that sex can help stave off cardiac incidents.

Duncan cites and links to several studies on the subject of sex as exercise.
And sex as being as important to our lives as "things like, sleep, food, water, and shelter." 



It's a fairly short read and worth the time - particularly for folks who've experienced or fear experiencing heart attack. Beta reviews of several studies concluded that sex 2 or 3 times per week reduces the risk of heart attack by 45% and reduces the risk of Sudden Cardiac Death by 35%. 


According to the JAMA Review (Journal of the American Medical Association) they have 95% confidence those statistics are true for the general population.
Now, how can you argue with that? Go, enjoy your weekend, and get plenty of exercise.

8 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Sound advice!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like having more sex is following doctor's orders. Who am I to argue with the medical professionals?? LOL!

Have a great weekend!

JeanWM said...

Rain, rain, and more rain. No complaints, anything is better than snow!
Happy weekend. Hugs and bisous.

AOM SoulFood said...

Hey Bro! Great info! I gotta go do my daily exercise - AGAIN! : ) I hope all is going well for you. Wishing you a lovely weekend. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Xersex said...

I'd love to make sex at least 3/4 every week!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Keep up the good work.

VictorL Harris said...

just say hi

Anonymous said...

I too had a heart attack in my 50's, so pass my experience on to your questioner last Thurs. I have never felt like "my nuts were going to explode", but I get what I call a psychological urge to jerk off after a while. The dr. who put in my stent did not mention it, but as time went on I too wondered when I would again get the urge. Suddenly in mid-afternoon one day, about a month after my attack (and 12 days in the hospital), I got horny. I thought, sooner or later I have to find out; might as well be now! I jerked off, it was as normal as could be & certainly one of the more satisfying jerks of recent years. (maybe due to a longer buildup?) So tell that guy to go ahead & jerk off anytime! (I am not married & live alone). - Wayne