Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Too Presumptuous?

 

Your French Patrick was the only one to take a crack at the photo challenge in yesterday's post. He gave an answer, but not the one I was looking for. My, y'all don't pay much attention to the pictures, do you?

Does that mean it's my writing that brings you back day after day?

😁🤣

You all know how much I love to read.
These could be my bookshelves if they weren't so tidy.
As it turns out, a friend of mine - who may or may not be aware of this blog - has challenged me to try my hand at gay smut. Well, that's what I call it, anyway.  His first is doing very well and he's under contract with his publisher to write 8 more.


Turns out, it's much harder (pun intended???) than I imagined. Getting the proper mix of story arc to sex...trying to make sure the sex happens naturally and isn't just dropped in for no other reason than it's time for a sex scene.


But I am forging on. If it gets published, it will be under an appropriate pseudonym, of course: p.a. wilde. An homage to Oscar, and the all-lower-case for ee cummings.



Or is that too presumptuous?




13 comments:

uptonking said...

I like your pen name. I did not see a caption contest yesterday... just BAM. I always read and look at your pics. Good luck with the book. How exciting. Very happy for you! Kizzes!

Mistress Maddie said...

Did I miss something in the last post? I must go back and look. And when will this book be available? I would read your smut pa wilde.

William said...

Good luck with your writing. Care to share an excerpt when you have something ready?

Fullmoonma said...

I'm familiar with the "gay romance" genre - have read over 1,000 of them! I like the ones with strong plots, likable characters, and a healthy sprinkling of sex. My favorite author is Andrew Grey, who has over 100 titles in print and ebook, written over the last dozen years. If you're not familiar with his work I'd suggest you check it out He usually grounds his stories in a specific locale, writing half a dozen romances per locale until everyone is hitched up. There are as many gay romance subgenera as in fiction in general so you can follow your own interests.

Your French Patrick said...

I very carefully compared your photo to the original one where Brian Atwood sells shoes with hot nude male models Chad White, Walter Savage, Gonçalo Teixeira, Jack Tyerman, Sahib Faber, Aurélien Muller and Adam Nicklas, styled by Marco Braga & Giuliano Federico and shot by Tony Duran in a $150 book called "Pumped", and I found no difference.
And I doubt that Tony Duran meant to be funny.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

No, it's not.
Hey, one is free to choose any pen name. I'm looking forward to your outcome. I love me some smutty reading.
And Mr. 2008 seems to be distracted.

XOXO

JeanWM said...

I like the name, find some great romance novels to get some ideas. It doesn't make any difference if they are male or female. Shakespeare has cornered the market on plots.

hugs and bisous

Rad said...

There have been a few times in my life that I tried to write gay lit, but it always came out as some story from the pocket mags "Torso", "Freshmen" or "Rawhide". I'd get a sentence or two in, then launch into a sex scene. Of course, by the time I'd get the paragraphs written, I'd have whacked off, then the urge to write would be gone.

whkattk said...

@ William - I think that's a good idea. Stay tuned.

@ MFP - The one at the left with the very distinct tan lines is what caught my eye. LOL.

@ Fullmoonma - I will have to look him up and read a couple.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - It's true, isn't it, that Shakespeare has covered every plot. Maybe that's why I love me some Will - provided it's well done, as in the acttors know what they're saying. LOL

whkattk said...

@ Rad - Years ago, I had the same problem.... 🤣 Now, with the boner issues, not so much.

Xersex said...

I love to read as well

Anonymous said...

OMG! Do tell us more about the young college student in the first picture of this post! Just hanging out on campus taking a break from his studies?