Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Best Lines

Morning


Over the past month, I have binged all six seasons of Downton Abbey. Creator and writer Julian Fellowes gave Dame Maggie Smith some of the best lines.

"Don't be defeatist, dear, it's very middle class."


Midweek Mirth












4 comments:

Rade said...

These are good!

Yes, it's getting about "Downton Binging Time" - just something so... intrinsically... escapist... with the series.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Hahaha oh the punctuation in that last one?
And the one with the dildoes! Accuracy’s key.

Now, I watched Downtown Abbey when it came out. It was an EVENT. We would have wine during it. We sent money to PBS. We quoted the dowager constantly. I feel you.

XOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

I jave Downton Abbey series on DVD. It was an excellent series...and adore Maggie Smith. She nailed that part. Her lines were excellent. One of my favorite lines was when they got phones and she was having problems grapsing it- "Is this suppose to be a modern day device of convenience or torture?"

SickoRicko said...

Punctuation is important.