Thanks for posting these quips from Dame Maggie's time on Downton Abbey. The best in writing, production values, costumes and cinematography through 6 seasons and 3 feature-length movies. I'm happy to say I saw the 7 seasons of Upstairs, Downstairs on PBS during its run in the 70s and update in the 2010s. The Brits can do these period pieces like few others. If you haven't seen The House of Elliott, it may be worth your time. Two sisters left without funds by their father, manage to create a fashion house in London in the early 20th century. It's a tad soap opera at times but still an enjoyable look see.
P.s. Downton Abbey is always a good series to repeat, it’s amazing how many things you see the next go round, that you totally missed the first time! It really stands up well over the years. Hugs and bisous.
13 comments:
Thanks for posting these quips from Dame Maggie's time on Downton Abbey. The best in writing, production values, costumes and cinematography through 6 seasons and 3 feature-length movies. I'm happy to say I saw the 7 seasons of Upstairs, Downstairs on PBS during its run in the 70s and update in the 2010s. The Brits can do these period pieces like few others. If you haven't seen The House of Elliott, it may be worth your time. Two sisters left without funds by their father, manage to create a fashion house in London in the early 20th century. It's a tad soap opera at times but still an enjoyable look see.
Nice post!
I'd so be the Dowager.......
I miss Beautiful Mag. It was great.
Yes next January I’ll be thinking fondly of our 100° days. 🏖️🌊☀️
Hugs and bisous
Morning Glory !
Especially that first one :)
CA jock
P.s. Downton Abbey is always a good series to repeat, it’s amazing how many things you see the next go round, that you totally missed the first time! It really stands up well over the years. Hugs and bisous.
late to the party, but thanks so much for a fun post.
Heh.
Downton Abbey FTW.
XOXO
Thanks for the suggestion!
I have no doubt, Mads! And it's one of the reasons we all love you!
I know I will.
Hugs and bisous.
Now I must rewatch the films. Then I think I'm going to binge "The Great" with Nicholas Hoult.
Hugs and bisous!
Post a Comment