Tuesday, September 8, 2026

AI Can...

 

Morning


"I'm a doctor at a men's health clinic. We treat the whole man, not just ED. A patient told me he made the appointment because of reading your blog. So, I've perused your archives for the past month. I have to commend you on the way you respond to questions. We don't believe in handing out ED meds just because a guy wants them.  We believe in finding the root cause and treating it, so ED meds may not be needed. New patients get a complete physical. They get asked about their sex lives and their attitude regarding sex. Part of my spiel is "track your erections" --- and "masturbate regularly" regardless of relationship status." Erections really are a sign of health, and masturbation is one of the kindest things a man can do for himself. Keep up the good work." 




Wow. Thank you. The country needs more doctors like you. It seems ED is an epidemic and too many physicians just hand out boner pills without trying to find out why the patients are experiencing the issue. I commend you for being frank and open and honest with your patients.

After almost 15 years of this blog, I don't think there's a situation or problem that hasn't been covered --- some multiple times. Add the fact that --- as Faithful Reader Jean recently pointed out --- AI can answer any question one might have. Sometimes it's a matter of asking the right question. Or asking the right question in the right way, but the answers are out there.




11 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

The whole ED thing is almost an epidemic.
What kinda worries me is that younger and younger men are reaching for the Blue Angel to solve all their problems.
*shakes head’

XOXO

SickoRicko said...

You should be proud.

Uncle Vic said...

A.I. makes plenty of mistakes.

Jean said...

AI is good to do your homework, but having wonderful doctors like this available is even more important. Don’t forget they’ve heard and seen everything, so don’t be shy. You know when you’ve got a real problem and need help, and doctors and the medical professionals are here to help you.
Hugs and Bisous.

Anonymous said...

Whilst I applaud finding the cause of ED and fixing that, plus treating ED in the meanwhile and not simply leaving the guy with nothing until the cause is found and corrected, I am disappointed that an erection seems to be the be-all-end-all of mens sexual fulfillment and that there isn't greater education of other options, especially for those men where an erection is less possible and harder (sic) to manage under normal physical deterioration scenarios without artificial chemical intervention.

I am certainly buoyed by the availability of masturbatory aids that don't require an erection to be effective, such as the Hot Octopuss Solo, but I would like to see the more open engagement with men about Tantra, prostate stimulation and massage possibilities, as well as men becoming more comfortable with other men and not seeing them as competitors but more as brothers they can share with.

Anonymous said...

AI can be useful, but it isn't an infallible gods gift to man, because it's trained on the real world that has misinformation, disinformation and simply opinion as well as peer reviewed facts.

It would be better to accompany every answer with qualification of how the answer was derived, including percentage of trusted fact versus opinion.

I think the advantage of AI is in reducing a large dataset of information to summary form, with associated constraints, for the recipient to draw their own conclusions, rather than rely on an "oracle" providing absolute truth.

I really detest the way some groups are using selective statistics to "prove" a point, when they are simply manipulating data to support a narrative and relying on the recipient not wanting to spend the effort confirming the results and to take things at face value. That's just for statistics, imagine how more complex it will be verifying AI output.

I do believe AI will be useful, in forcing people to stop accepting things at face value and to actually think, plus in abandoning outrage over subjective interpretation of things that now have multiple meanings and none can be taken as truth. So what if someone issues a deepfake photo, no-one knows if it's true or not, so let them have their little fantasy: I neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of that artwork.

Big Dude said...

I have a great PCP and a great urologist. I can talk about any sexual matter with them, and I appreciate how comfortable they make me feel. This doctor sounds like a really cool guy.

Anonymous said...

And then some men pop the blue pill just to go all night. Not good. You get used to taking those pills, you may never get hard on your own again without them. Fools.

Anonymous said...

"New patients get a complete physical. They get asked about their sex lives and their attitude regarding sex."

I wonder if the responses to the last bit are ever "Yes please" or "Is that an offer?".

I recall pausing at a Census question in my younger days, which asked "Sex" and pondering whether to answer "As much as I can get".

4Colonnes said...

Lacheteau Alain adore les beaux mâles musclés nus

4Colonnes said...

Cobralain adore les hommes musclés nus