Monday, March 23, 2020

We'll Be Practicing

So, if you haven't guessed by now, the surgery was canceled.
😐
The call came in late Friday afternoon, following Gov. Newsome's announcement of locking down the state to essential only. It's meant to reserve the supplies and equipment for COVID-19 patients. How can you complain about that?
 May as well kick back and relax.

I have no idea when it will be rescheduled, only "when this is all over." Which means all the pre-op again.
More and more states (and countries) are being to told to "shelter in place; work from home if at all possible." A meme has begun making the rounds that made me laugh. If you live in the US, you've probably seen the State Farm commercials with Jake.
Jake from State Farm works from home.
Shelter in place is going to result in two things.
Divorce 
and babies. Just like the aftermath of winter blizzards, there will be a baby boom from this. "Coronials" will be born in December 2020 and January 2021. 


 If not, we'll be practicing.
Maybe alone, but we'll be practicing.



A lot.

12 comments:

Xersex said...

as everyone knows, the pandemic has reached every country and Italy is second to people infected and dead. Here in Italy all non-essential activities have been stopped, to avoid the spread of the infection. I tried to describe this state in my latest post here

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Can I have Jake come and look at my policy?
Even during sheltering in place? Has he been tested?
I have questions.

XoXo

P.S. sorry about the cancellation! But yep, doctors are going to be BUSY.

Mistress Maddie said...

Christ...the last thing we need is more over population!!!!!!

I hope all is well and I enjoyed your email, gave me a good chuckle. May as well relax now. I think I have been dressed three times in the last week. And I have been keeping my hands full.

Hot guys said...

Didn't know you were bi...

Then again, haven't seen you for ages on my blog.

Your French Patrick said...

The action of all governments is a necessary evil. If we add the economic consequences, we are far from having seen the end of the tunnel. More than enough for the next epidemic to set in one time more. But very clever one who could reconcile health problems and economic problems.
Courage. Hugs and bisous, my friends Jean and Pat.

William said...

Understandable, but sorry your surgery has to be cancelled, and that you have to go through all of the tests, again. Heard a cute joke online the other day, in 2033 all resultant babies from these stay in place restrictions will be called the Quaranteens.

JeanWM said...

This "shelter in place" is a disaster for diets! I am eating at the right times, I am eating when I am bored, I am eating when I am tired, etc. I am plowing through my "survival" junk food that was supposed to last a month!

This is called Covid-19 for the 19 lbs. you put on the first two weeks. Maybe some practice and less eating.

I am so glad you are at home and not caught up in the healthcare scene right now. Stay away from everyone. Our schools are now closed for the rest of the school year. Hugs and bisous.

SickoRicko said...

Great post; loved the Jake from State Farm!

Sorry to hear that your surgery got cancelled.

whkattk said...

@ Jean - Oh, my yes...I think we're all doing that. We've been trying to behave ourselves, but it's tough. Hang in there. Hugs and bisous!

whkattk said...

@ Hot Guys - Oooo, sorry about that. I scrolled through my lists and didn't find your blog. Must've removed it by mistake when cleaning out inactive ones. Sorry! I have added it once again and will be visiting regularly once more.

Hot guys said...

That's alright, I haven't been active in some periods so, that may be why as well. See you around, in that case! :)

Your French Patrick said...

@ William
As for me I think that, in 2033, those who will be asked what they were doing in 2020 will answer "I was at home and cleaning my hands."
Best regards.